How did you get your job?

Soldato
I only work part time on a weekend,and i got mine through a friend who worked there and said they were needing somebody else on a weekend!

So how did you manage to find your job?

Man of Honour
Sent in an application form, passed a multitude of aptitude tests, psychiatric evaluations, three interviews and medical tests and eventually got the job after a year long selection process. You could say it wasn't exactly a typical application process :p

Suspended
Advert in paper. I work for a Polo Club. Cowdray Park, world famous. Roll up, roll up and come watch some Polo.

Oooh and Landscape Gardening but thats for an Uncle so was easy to get.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Sent in an application form, passed a multitude of aptitude tests, psychiatric evaluations, three interviews and medical tests and eventually got the job after a year long selection process. You could say it wasn't exactly a typical application process :p

So Mr. Blain, what makes you think you're suitable for this position?

Neeeooooorrrr!

Great! You're hired!

:D

Myself, my job at home - I handed in an application form and got the job two months later. Here, I handed about my CV and application forms, I got the job without an interview :o

Soldato
Well..........

Filled out the 10 page application form.

Filled out the security form.

Passed the maths, english, observation and team interaction test/exams.

Passed the board interview.

Waited two years.

Filled out another security form as the old one had now expired.

Waited another year.

Started training school.

Passed four practical exams.

Passed four theory exams.

And bob's your uncle, i had the job................

Now all i need to do is get through my two years probationary period and i'm all set!!!

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I applied online while on an increasingly desperate job hunt (as in I was applying for everything I could face doing), got an email saying they'd call me about it. Week later got a call that was a phone interview basically, then they arranged a proper interview with me at a local branch. That went really well for once. Then got a call 2 days later offering me the job. :)
Started about a week after that, worked 2 days, went down with gastric flu and had to go off sick for 2 and a half weeks over Christmas :o
Luckily they were nice about it and I'm still there 5 months later and hope to continue to be until I move in the autumn. :)

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Which job?

First one - recruitment fair at Uni
Second one - heard about it via a friend and applied.
Third one - intra-company advert for job in US
Fourth one - contacts at Uni. Government recruiter looking for people for a specific post recruited me from my PhD course via recommendation from department head.
Fifth one - Contact from third job offered me a job when I left government service
Sixth one - started a little 'project' in my spare time, and it went full time
Seventh one - headhunted, so sold my 'project'
Eighth - finally went fully on my own, and have run several companies since

Soldato
Scuzi said:

What do ye do, Scuzi?

Associate
My current job : Got a phonecall on a wednesday around 4pm... at which point i was fast asleep. Had a phone interview on thursday, real interview friday and job on monday :)

Back
Top Bottom