How do you feel about buying second hand components?

Don
No issues for me whatsoever, as can rarely justify buying anything high end new, so at least gives me the opportunity to pick up still decent hardware, as others upgrade to the latest and greatest.

Only personal gripe I have is where people advertise kit as never been overclocked or never mined on, when majority of the time it is either untrue, or clearly can't be verified.

Permabanned
No problems with second hand here. Though I only buy from members market on here and have had no issues.

Last year or so bought monitor, ssd's, gpu's, cpu, motherboard(s), RAM and a few other bits.

Soldato
I have an X34a and a 27" Rog swift TN , both I got 2nd hand and both work lovely :)..oh and both together were less than the price of a brand new X34a :) , I have also got other stuff thats B Grade from OcUK too and all have been good .

Associate
OP
I have an X34a and a 27" Rog swift TN , both I got 2nd hand and both work lovely :)..oh and both together were less than the price of a brand new X34a :) , I have also got other stuff thats B Grade from OcUK too and all have been good .
Can you send a me a link to their B grade product range? I can't seem to find it.

Associate
For me I prefer the security of buying brand new. a lot of the time used components fetch almost as much as their new counterparts if you shop around.

I have bought a B grade graphics card before though, but that had to be returned as it was faulty.

Associate
OP
Does anyone know how their "B Grade" stuff becomes B Grade? Is it returns that they just throw onto there? Repaired returns or just stuff they drop on the floor in the factory? :D

Soldato
Most of my pc is made from 2nd hand components.

Buying cutting edge tech 2nd hand doesn' make sense a lot of the time as it tends to go nearly for new prices, but stuff that' one gen old can often be a good deal.

Associate
Computer parts are a great 2nd hand market - no moving parts (barring fans and hard drives ofc) and generally long-lived yet they have the kind of depreciation cars do, except cars are full of moving parts and things that get rusted or worn out!

I've bought my last 2 graphics card 2nd hand from the MM here and both are still going strong - both bought for around 25% of the original price around the time of their EOL, which suited me as I'm still on a 1080p monitor. Also a few hard drives years ago, bit more of a risk but with screenshots of SMART and SSDLife etc can be mitigated.

The only reason I haven't bought more 2nd hand stuff is I'm still happy with my 2011 era 2500k build and probably will be for another few years :D

Back
Top Bottom