• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How do you guys test a card, especially B grade?

Associate
So I've got a new 'B' quality card coming (2060) to last me until the current supply crisis clears up.

I want to really test it, make sure it's not a lemon. Thing is, I'm not really sure what extra tests to do. Furmark, ok. A few games benched. But what extra tests to prove that it's a good card?

Ta.

Sgarrista
Commissario
So I've got a new 'B' quality card coming (2060) to last me until the current supply crisis clears up.

I want to really test it, make sure it's not a lemon. Thing is, I'm not really sure what extra tests to do. Furmark, ok. A few games benched. But what extra tests to prove that it's a good card?

Ta.

B cards are usually just damaged boxes or opened products. Load it up, run some benches if you want but just go play some games, it is more than likely fine.

Soldato
As above - furmark will see if there is any issue with cooling and if the stress of heat cause any issues with GPU or VRAM. Port royal does similar thing but more of a stability test also.

you can also run timespy to get a result and compare with online database for GPU score. If roughly similar then you are ok.

also have GPUz running at the back ground to monitor clocks and thermal.

Associate
Do the usual as you suggested but also run some RTX stuff even if it's just the demos on the Nvidia site.
I bought a b grade 2080 from somewhere a while ago. It benched fine, ran furmark fine and crashed randomly as soon as it encountered anything with ray tracing.

Associate
OP
Do the usual as you suggested but also run some RTX stuff even if it's just the demos on the Nvidia site.
I bought a b grade 2080 from somewhere a while ago. It benched fine, ran furmark fine and crashed randomly as soon as it encountered anything with ray tracing.
Noted - that's especially useful

Back
Top Bottom