How do you organise your videos?

Don
Hi all,

I'm wondering how people organise their home videos of family and such (no, not them videos) along side their pictures.

I use Windows Photos to view my pics, it does the job well, I like seeing pics I took 1, 2, 3 etc years ago which it creates collections for.

The problem I have is my videos, because they have no EXIF 'picture taken' data, they're always at the top of the pile for my perusal, I don't want that!

I'm wondering how others organise theirs alongside their family pics.

Thanks,

Soldato
I use a little application called Photomove, paid for but works well. I typically just tell it to organise into the date the photo was taken tbh. Handles vids and pics. Probably something better available now, I've been using this for years.

I did this year scan over 3000 photographs after my father passed away. What I did was put the peoples names in the file name and the location if it would fit but I would start it by the estimated year or the actual date if it was on the back of the photo (sadly only 80s onwards). I had a lot of very old photos..

As a result I can search by name, location or age using windows search on that folder of photos and pull out any with the relevant data in them. Took a lot of effort though but will be handy if I ever get around to doing the family tree!

Back
Top Bottom