How do you secure your bike?

Soldato
Chains can be cut nowadays by battery cutters really quick. I had almax on my KTM and they went straight through the links. If they want it then they can get it basically.
The best way is to put on multiple measures to make it a pain in the arse for them, disk lock front and rear + chain + anchor etc

yeah don't over pay for just the chain, even the top almax will be butter to a battery disk cutter

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I find that owning a 20 year old Bandit 1200S that looks like it's just been dug out of a land fill is the best possible anti theft detterent.

Associate
Well, my tracker didn't secure my bike against being nicked :p.

Did get it back though, with plenty o' damage too.

I'm not sure what the insurance premium hit would have been for a stolen never found bike versus them having to pay out 6 grand to repair it though.

Associate
Depends, but surely you'd want to see the perpetrators brought to task?

Mine got lifted into a van early one morning. Tracker put it a few km away in a small industrial estate. Police went over and after a few mins found it hidden away somewhere. Then they took it. Then they asked if they could keep it for forensics. Nothing found there. Police guy was decent and kept in touch but end result was no perpetrators found.

If the tracker came with a 'we promise to operate a wicked cool sting op by waiting for them to come back' I'd pay the premium.

Associate
Interesting that nobody has mentioned trackers. Anybody have them?

Me. A used Monimoto that I got from eBay not loing after I got my CB1000 last year. Had about 10 months of sim usage left on it too. Does live tracking, rings my phone and texts when my bike is moved just a foot or 2. It doesn't need wiring in. All settings done through BT. Just have to renew the sim card service thing every 12 months for £36.

Caporegime
Well I can certainly speak highly of Biketrac. I've got one on my scooter and today my friend was having a little poke about on it and I got both a call and a text within seconds to tell me it's moved. Very impressed!

Back
Top Bottom