How impressive was the 3 consecutive Europa League cups Emery won with Seville?

Soldato
I've been having this debate with a friend.

He's argument is that the 3 consecutive Europa League Cups Emery won with Seville are not that impressive due to the calibre of teams Seville faced on route to each win.

What do you think?

Was winning 3 Europe League titles in a row impressive?

Or is it just a micky mouse cup with rubbish teams in it?

---

My argument is that it is impressive especially winning it three times in a row.

One of those finals was against Liverpool.

Soldato
I think its very impressive. The majority of professional football players/clubs have won absolutely nothing, opportunities to win a trophy of any kind are extremely rare - to win a trophy of this magnitude 3 times in a row is an outstanding achievement!!!

Soldato
Massive achievement, also the weaker team arquement is invalid, as towards the end bigger teams do come into play, plus the ones that drop into it from champions league

Soldato
The other thing to consider is that generally speaking La Liga is pretty weak (although so far this season seems to have changed , not entirely sure why) , so unless they were unlucky enough to get RM , barca or AM just before or after a euro game, they don't really need to worry about the league that much and can rotate as required. Even City / Chelsea / Liverpool when they are playing very well still need to put majority of their 1st team out when available for most league games irrespective if CL/ Euro commitments.....the teams in the EL and EPL have an even tougher time rotating while still getting the required results (bevcause the quality of player is generally less, even just in consistency - than the teams mentioned).

Not taking it away from him though - 3 cups wins in a row is a decent achievement

(imo its a better achievement than Juve or PSG wining 8 or whatever league titles in a row)

Back
Top Bottom