How is Vista home premium and Office 2007 working on Macbooks?

Associate
Just about to get one. Need Vista and Office 2007 working. Any boot camp compatibility? Need it for work this week.

Soldato
Vista works in Bootcamp, but you have to mess around manually extracting a lot of drivers. It works perfectly in Parallels though, which might be a better option if you just need to run Office on it. You can then combine it with Virtue Desktops and dazzle everyone switching between OSX and Vista ;)

Associate
OP
Beepcake said:
Vista works in Bootcamp, but you have to mess around manually extracting a lot of drivers. It works perfectly in Parallels though, which might be a better option if you just need to run Office on it. You can then combine it with Virtue Desktops and dazzle everyone switching between OSX and Vista ;)

Links and details please. I can buy my macbook in 2 hours if you give me more info. I can run presentations right through the DVI? right?

Manually extracting drivers is nothing compared to what i have done in XP :p

Soldato
fdxd said:
Links and details please. I can buy my macbook in 2 hours if you give me more info. I can run presentations right through the DVI? right?

Manually extracting drivers is nothing compared to what i have done in XP :p

Which macbook your getting as I am hoping to get one in a couple of hours too

Associate
OP
Rookies said:
Which macbook your getting as I am hoping to get one in a couple of hours too

white, 2GHZ, 2GB RAM.

gonna get one. Hope it all works well with Vista and Office 2007. I like Vista a lot from usage. Wanna use latest office licence plus its much better than the previous one.

Soldato
Vista eats MacBook battery. I manually extracted the drivers and there's still some problems with drivers. The battery icon constantly shows that it's plugged in even when it's not, and getting the mouse to work was a pain.

Apart from that, it runs quite nicely.

Associate
OP
Atari said:
Vista eats MacBook battery. I manually extracted the drivers and there's still some problems with drivers. The battery icon constantly shows that it's plugged in even when it's not, and getting the mouse to work was a pain.

Apart from that, it runs quite nicely.

will battery be solved later?

Soldato
porkrind said:
why get a macbook to use vista ??? urgh yuk whats wrong with osx?

vista will eat your battery as well

There's nothing wrong with OSX, I just dual-boot with Vista for the odd applications that need Windows. I use OS X as a primary OS though.

As for the battery issue, I'm not sure how much of a difference Leopard will make, I was under the impression that it eats so much battery power because the whole GUI in Vista was 3D-accelerated.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Stick with XP (for now) I say.

I was going to use BootCamp but I can't find a need for dual booting, so I gave up on Microsoft altogether.

Back
Top Bottom