How long after knowing your partner did you propose?

Permabanned
Just out of curiosity? All my "parents" generation seemed to have proposed from 12 months to 18 months in range after first meeting the person.

I'm guessing this has changed now?

Any chance of people sharing the age group they are in and when they proposed?

Associate
Were together for three years then proposed. We were married two years later, we have lived together and been married for nearly three years.

Associate
I proposed after 3 months, I have been married now 16 years....I am 42 now, 26 then.

When you know, you know.

Ain't that the truth, I'd have proposed much earlier if I had the money for the ring and something resembling savings for the wedding and a life together, uni kinda got in the way of that.

Associate
Few of my friends (between ages 18 - 24) have engaged over the years, some did it after a good year, some almost 2 years. While one friend did it within the first month and lets just say it didn't last too long after that. My brother (now 29) on the other hand has been in a relationship for 3/4 years and has not popped the question.
Personally, I don't think you can set a time for it, just go with the feeling... You'll get the idea long before you know it's a good idea or not. When the feelings right you know its worth the risk atleast this is my ideal of it and I'm 23.

Back
Top Bottom