How long do dell normally take?

Associate
Sorry for another double post, but wanted to add again the status of my M1730 order.

Ordered on Friday 19/09/08 at 5:30 PM

Order Processing on Friday 19/09/08 at 6:00 PM

Pre-Production on Saturday 20/09/08 at 4:00 AM

Production on Saturday 20/09/08 at 12:00 PM

Delivery Preperation on Monday 22/09/08 at 4:00 PM

Delivery on Monday 22/09/08 at 4:30 PM

So ordered on Friday, and its in the post on Monday... pretty sweet!

This is what annoys me a little about Dell, they obviously have some sort of internal priority queuing system, but they refuse to give firm delivery dates. Thats why I didn't buy mine directly from them. However, it looks like the more you spend, the quicker they build it.

My company buys all it's IT equipment from them, and generally we get next day delivery on everything even systems. However, we've got people on this forum buying a £500-£600 mide range laptops who have to wait 6 weeks....

Still, congrats on the laptop, I'm sure you'll love it :)

Associate
Ah right, makes sense!

And you are right, it seems that the more you spend the better your service seems to be. Which from a business stand point, makes sense. But from a customer perspective, is really out of order.

But for a company as large as Dell, their priorities lie where their income comes from I guess.

Soldato
I ordered one for my daughter from the "outlet" on the afternoon of the 22/09/2008 (monday)
On the order (web page) it has "You will receive confirmation of your order by e-mail shortly" and I got nothing shortly as in a few hours so I rang them the next day and was told it takes 48 hours to generate the order.

Still no mail today (thurs 25th) so I suppose I'd better get on the phone and go through the routine again to see if I can get an answer.

I don't mind waiting a few days, it's just when it says it will mail you "shortly" with your order number etc you don't expect that to develop into a few days!

Soldato
Ordered my outlet laptop on Thursday 18th and it's being delivered today, so a week turnaround (or 5 working days) for me. Sadly I'm at work so hopefully my housemate won't miss the delivery else it'll be a trip to the local TNT depot tonight (if it's open!).

Soldato
Well I got through on the phone and after much bouncing about I got them to phone me back.
Got decent Irish guy on phone and it seems some outlet orders are just not going through their system :(

I got it sorted at least, and he reckoned it should be here next Wednesday which is OK :)
I've had 2 confirmation e-mails from Dell since that call, it's just a shame I had to raise my voice to them after getting bounced from dept to dept :(

Associate
How about this one then.

I ordered on 14th September, was given a delivery date of 29th September but its now been changed to 5th of.......................................... NOVEMBER:mad:

Grr.

Associate
How about this one then.

I ordered on 14th September, was given a delivery date of 29th September but its now been changed to 5th of.......................................... NOVEMBER:mad:

Grr.

I feel your pain :rolleyes: Its not good paying for something then having to wait over 5 weeks for it, still i only have 11 days to go if the estimated del date is accurate.

Associate
Arrrrrrrrrgggggggg just had an email new date is 29/10/2008 :mad::mad::mad:

This is a joke that will be 9 weeks since order

What did you buy? There is no excuse for a 9 week lead time on any computer equipment - they're taking the mick. You could buy a brand new car which had to be factory built in less time than that.

If it were me, I would cancel the order just on principle, and get something else.

Associate
What did you buy? There is no excuse for a 9 week lead time on any computer equipment - they're taking the mick. You could buy a brand new car which had to be factory built in less time than that.

If it were me, I would cancel the order just on principle, and get something else.

I bought 2 Studios 1525, pretty std spec apart from 1 has a green case and 3gb of ram and the other is red and has 2gb of ram.

Associate
I bought 2 Studios 1525, pretty std spec apart from 1 has a green case and 3gb of ram and the other is red and has 2gb of ram.

I know that the 15" Studios are also sold by the Purple Shirt guys, but I'm not sure what colours they have and what the pricing is like though. Have a look at their website, if you can find something suitable you obviously would be able to pick it up straight away rather than waiitng 9 weeks.

Associate
Just ordered mine on the 06/10/08 (today) and I've checked the Order Status and it says:

Your Estimated Delivery Date is on or before: 21/10/2008

I receieved a confirmation email about 10 minutes after I placed the order but the Order Status took about 30 minutes to update. Will let you know any updates.

Associate
Just ordered mine on the 06/10/08 (today) and I've checked the Order Status and it says:

Your Estimated Delivery Date is on or before: 21/10/2008

I receieved a confirmation email about 10 minutes after I placed the order but the Order Status took about 30 minutes to update. Will let you know any updates.

Lol, Thats sounds like my kinda luck :D, Anyways after a few email back and for i am now dealing with a Manager/Supervisor so hopefully i will get a better answer than the pre scripted junk i have been reciving so far.

I have also check out a few other notebook forums and there is a fair few posts where people are and have been waiting 6 - 14 weeks for their delivery to arrive :eek:

Back
Top Bottom