How long do you cook 2 minute noodles for?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
This might sound like a stupid question but everytime i cook them for 2 minutes they arnt ever fully cooked.
So whats the best cooking time for them?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Raist said:
Is your water hot enough? Are you keeping it covered while it sits? If so, how long is it before they are cooked enough for your taste?
I turn the stove on high and let it heat up.
I boil the kettle.
I poor the boild water into the pan with the noodles
The i cook them on the stove.

It takes about 5-10 minutes to cook on top of all the extra work i just listed :(

Lately ive been microwaving them and it takes about 5 minutes but they dont taste the same then

Is there a quicker way to do it?

Soldato
boil water in kettle.
pour into pan.
heat water until it's boiling again. (because the cold pan will make the boiling water lose temperature really quick)
put noodles in for 2 mins.
drain.
serve.
eat.
poo.

Associate
In the microwave they take around 5 minutes, they'll be a bit nicer out of a pan though.

It does depend on the brand being used too. Remember to put the flavouring on after cooking. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Is theres some good reason why boiling water from a kettle is in some way inferior to stove heated water? :confused:

Boiling water removes a lot of the oxygen from it so using reboiled water makes food and drink taste odd sometimes. I find that a cup of tea made from water that's been boiled, allowed to cool a little and then boiled again tastes like absolute crap.

However, for two-minute noodles you could probably boil them in swamp water and not tell the difference. Mmm, weedy.

Soldato
Belmit said:
Boiling water removes a lot of the oxygen from it so using reboiled water makes food and drink taste odd sometimes. I find that a cup of tea made from water that's been boiled, allowed to cool a little and then boiled again tastes like absolute crap.

now i'm 2nd year biochemistry and i didnt know that, but it makes perfect sense! lol. will always empty my kettle and refill before making tea and coffee from now.

Associate
Dutch Guy said:
If you poor the boiling water in a cold pan it will cool down very quickly.

My way...

Fill Kettle, switch on. (because its quicker to boil in kettle) - we are talking 2 minute noodles here folks, not a Gordon Ramsey meal.

When it's about halfway boiled - put empty pan on stove and switch on to heat pan.

When the kettle clicks - pour boiling water from kettle into very hot pan (you may need to duck, or at least keep your face away at this point)
The main thing is - you find the water keeps boiling if you get the timing right.

Lob in noodles.

You can now go and carry on playing that PC game you were playing / film you were watching, when you decided noodles sounded like a good idea.
After about 20 minutes of playing, that burning smell you are getting is your 2 minute noodles welding themselves to your pan.

Go back in kitchen, throw pan in sink, make a brew and get out 4 packets of crisps.

Meal sorted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom