How long do you keep Boxes and Packaging?

Soldato
How long do you keep Boxes and Packaging on items you've bought, Am i right in thinking that you're not obliged to save them for warranty?

Soldato
If its a big item like a TV I'll stick it in the garage for 30days just for ease of sending back, otherwise usually destroy the packaging straight away.

Soldato
Tech stuff, almost forever, loft is full! Except TV boxes as they wont fit thought the hatch. :cry:

Same here - all that polystyrene and bubble wrap is free loft insulation :D I'm going to have to have a tidy out soon, we're getting the boiler replaced with a combi next month and the water tank in the loft is going. Plumber is going to need some working space up there !

Soldato
I used to keep everything for years in the loft,
nowadays if its a valuable item then I'll probably hang on to the box until it gets in the way, I run out of space.
I did recently purchase a samsung G9 about a month ago, which has an absolutely mahoosive box, which normally I would have thrown away by now, but we are in the process of selling/buying a house so its currently taking up half of my home office until we move, as this monitor would be a swine to move without it.

Associate
everything goes straight in the bin now, this decision came after clearing out the loft of 100s of empty boxes before the last house move. Kettle boxes, old inkjet printers etc. no idea why I thought they might be useful in the future.

Caporegime
Totally depends on the value and size of the product, and if it is something with resell-ability.

I keep all pc component boxes, tv boxes, and anything that has the potential to have issues that is more than £50 (so bread-maker, waterpik, etc).

I do have a garage though.

Associate
Keep computer parts boxes rest gets launched, got a pile of boxes at the back of the garage council round here only collect once a month and that bin get full with house hold cardboard and two hour long ques at the local recycling centre makes it hard to get rid of at the present

Soldato
Until I sell or throw it away. My loft is full of boxes. I recently sold some old PC hardware on ebay, still had the box for my 2600k from 10 years ago :D Made shipping a lot easier for lots of items with their original boxes.

I kept boxes for things I want to protect while moving house like for my TV and speakers.

Back
Top Bottom