How long have you been with the same network?

Soldato
Hello

Was at work today, and some of the staff were on about the different networks they have used, and i was i was stood thinking about how long i had been with Orange/EE and it must have been a good 22 years now LOL. But when i was 16 and lived in the sticks, you had a choose of Orange or nothing really, and i have just never felt the need to change, so any hardcore people here :p still on the same network after many years?

Soldato
I've never changed. So since about 1997...

I've looked into it a few times and EE have always given me a decent deal. I've been on sim only for about 10 years. I currently get unlimited UK calls, 4GB data, I think 100 texts and 50 MMS for about 13 a month+VAT.

Their retentions team used to be ace. I've had some really good deals with them. I remember getting an iPhone 4S on something like a £25 a month contract. Phone only cost me a couple of hundred quid over a sim only.

Caporegime
I started with Orange, was with them for 2 years, went to T-Mobile, again with them for about 2 years, then moved to Three, and have been with them for........ 9 years.

My Dad has been with Orange/EE for about the same length of time as you, he is even on the same contract, and it costs him about 50P a month :p

He even still has the same Nokia 5110...

Soldato
OP
I have never been one to haggle with them before, but after i saw BT was doing 3gig for £10 and i was paying £17 for 2gig, i was not that impressed :p, managed to get them to give me 4gig for £11 a month, was nice to get something out of them for a change

Soldato
I go with the cheapest company offering the data I need on the phone I want. Consequently I move around often. Anything else strikes me as misguided.

Underboss
A week, moved from EE to Three. Before that 24 months went from O2 to EE and was with O2 for about 4 years prior to that.

I generally go where the best deals are, retention dept at EE wasn't able to get anywhere near the deal Three offerred sadly or I would have stayed.

Man of Honour
Was with Three for 10+ years until last year when I had enough of the gradual decline of 4G performance in Portsmouth. I actually ended up getting a better deal with Virgin Mobile for £16 a month for a very similar package.

It wasn’t long after I left that Three then started to support VoLTE and WiFi calling without the need to have their app or a phone running Three firmware installed…. Typical! I might switch back next year assuming 4G congestion has improved.

Associate
Was with Three for 10+ years until last year when I had enough of the gradual decline of 4G performance in Portsmouth. I actually ended up getting a better deal with Virgin Mobile for £16 a month for a very similar package.

It wasn’t long after I left that Three then started to support VoLTE and WiFi calling without the need to have their app or a phone running Three firmware installed…. Typical! I might switch back next year assuming 4G congestion has improved.

The Three network 4G congestion is so bad in central London now. I can stand outside my work building with full signal and absolutely no data throughput. I have been strongly considering moving over after ~8 years but the Feel At Home package is so much better value than any other network from what I can see.

Man of Honour
The Three network 4G congestion is so bad in central London now. I can stand outside my work building with full signal and absolutely no data throughput. I have been strongly considering moving over after ~8 years but the Feel At Home package is so much better value than any other network from what I can see.

Hmm, I will likely stay with Virgin Mobile tbh, the data package is really good with rollover and the price matches Three (or beats even). Might switch to EE depending on what the 5G uptake is like in a year's time or two.

Soldato
To be fair I'm with Three now and they are the first to announce 5G in my city. Even if they don't upgrade existing customers like with 4G, it will at least take the pressure off the latter infrastructure.

Associate
Hmm, I will likely stay with Virgin Mobile tbh, the data package is really good with rollover and the price matches Three (or beats even). Might switch to EE depending on what the 5G uptake is like in a year's time or two.

Yes, as a VM broadband customer I often get sent the offers. It's just a shame their roaming options aren't very good and I tend to spend 2-3 months a year in the US for work.

To get US roaming with EE, I think it's £10 addon for a SIM only plan, so £30+...being £15 more than my unlimited plan with Three :/

Back
Top Bottom