How long is your commute/Drive to work

Commissario
"A mile so a 10 minute walk"
When I was a skinny git, just a few years ago I did a sponsored charity ten mile walk in exactly two hours, I was the first one back by at least twenty minutes and they were panicking because they had to get the marshals out to the check points ahead of schedule because I was going too quick for them at a mile every twelve minutes. The worst thing was that the food they had laid on for the participants wasn't ready :D

Associate
27 min walk. 9 minute bike ride.

I cba with long commutes and that's probably severely limited my career choices over the years.

Associate
Like the rest post covid don't leave the house, pre covid I did used to do 85 miles Bristol to Maidenhead, only 1 or 2 days a week though and my time counted from the moment I set foot out of the door until I got back home, due to flexi time any hours over a normal working day were banked for extra hols etc, plus fuel was covered so didn't mind it :cool:

Currently being pressure to return to Bristol office, that is 6 miles and takes 45mins, it is quicker by bike but that's a miserable experience and the chance of a late night mugging is high.

Man of Honour
When I was a skinny git, just a few years ago I did a sponsored charity ten mile walk in exactly two hours, I was the first one back by at least twenty minutes and they were panicking because they had to get the marshals out to the check points ahead of schedule because I was going too quick for them at a mile every twelve minutes. The worst thing was that the food they had laid on for the participants wasn't ready :D

Even when I did Marathons my time was 10 minutes running :)
I was running round Trentham Lakes one day and a proper competition walker with a wiggly bottom and stupid walk came flying past me.

Associate
About a 15min bike ride or 30min run.

Not interested in working somewhere with a longer commute if they require me to be in the office regularly or that sets an arbitrary amount of days I need to be there.

My future roles will depend on how progressive a business is in how much they trust their staff to manage their work location and schedule.

Last edited:
Soldato
Before I recently moved home it was 2 miles each way, a ten minute round trip. Now it’s 11 miles each way, 15 minutes in the morning to work, double that coming home.

Soldato
I just looked on google maps and it exactly 2 miles each way which takes me around 8 minutes each way in the car..
There three sets of traffic lights on this 2 mile route to work :(

Soldato
Approx 55 miles. The fastest I've managed to do it is 1 hour and 10 mins. Going in is about 1 hour 15 mins, coming home 1 hour 20 mins.

I miss my 15 minute walk to work:(

Back
Top Bottom