How long will my 15” 2015 MacBook Pro last

Associate
Macbook air is for a specific type of user - that needs to access emails and light productivity (office tasks).

Its aimed at the business user who travels around a lot.

a job it does extremely well with bullet proof reliability

Soldato
Macbook air is for a specific type of user - that needs to access emails and light productivity (office tasks).

Its aimed at the business user who travels around a lot.

a job it does extremely well with bullet proof reliability

It does handle the more intensive functions pretty well too - programming, virtual machines, vagrant, containers are just some of the things I do with my 2013 MBA - admittedly the fans do power on every now and then but that’s to be expected I push it pretty hard and rarely notice a slowdown. Not bad for the specs although I wouldn’t recommend one at the moment as people have said they’ve not been truly updated for years now and the screen is easily the worst thing about it.

Associate
2011 MBP here, still happy with it having added an SSD! Although I'm in the market for something lighter when I'm out and about.

2011 15 inch here too, popped a 512gb SSD and 16gb Ram in it a few years back and its still going great. GFX card huffs and puffs in LR and PS sometimes but aside from that its sat powering a 1440p Screen on my desk and has been for some time. Solid machine and had zero issues with it.

Permabanned
my 2011 macbook pro is knackered, slow as hell(windows and that crappy OSX both slow), even with an SSD, so much so I robbed the SSD out of it and just slung it in a cupboard for now.

Something seriously wrong with it. :(

Soldato
My 2012 15" mbp with retina screen is running nicely, the 650gtm has made sure I can play civ6 so I've got nothing to worry about!

Once I've given it a bit of a clean up/hover it'll be like new :)

The OP should easily get plenty of time out of that high spec machine

Soldato
Sounds like you use yours more intensively than I do but my 2012 i7 8gb rMBP is still a beast to be honest, just the battery is shot.

The kicker is obviously the solid state hard drive makes me struggle to justify a new one.

Associate
late 2013 here, still going. But i'm going to need to wipe it as 320gb is taken up as 'system' with no localsnapshots... and it thinks i'm on low diskspace but classes over 200gb as purgeable.

Back
Top Bottom