How many of you could do a triathlon tomorrow?

Soldato
A sprint tri. Just wondering how many could do one say tomorrow, just trying to gauge how difficult they are to the average person.

Soldato
The number of people that think they could do a triathlon tomorrow is probably not a reflection of how difficult they are :p

Cycle and run wouldn't be a problem, but I've not swum any distance in a while so that part would be a strugglathon but doable. I'm probably significantly above averagely fit though, I go climbing 3 times a week and cycle commute every day.

Caporegime
A sprint tri I could. Haven't swam or cycles in a few months so they would be slow but passable. Would crush the run, probably around 18 flat!

Soldato
OP
I've starting swimming training and loving the swimming again, such a fun sport.

Hoping to eventually get up to 60 lengths per session.

Caporegime
I could, but then I exercise every day of the week including running, cycling etc. It'd be very hard no doubt, as i'm not much of a swimmer but the running and biking aspect wouldn't cause me too much hassle.

Associate
I'd bet the average person couldn't do one, and the answers here will likely be from people with above average fitness.

Interesting question though, and I wonder how the proportion of people that could do one changes with age?

For me, the swim and cycle would be fine but I'm not a runner... 5km should be surviveable with enough incentive though!

Don
I run and cycle regularly (2-3 times a week), but I barely ever swim. I think the swimming section would kill me to be honest.

A dualathon, easy peesy (relatively)

Associate
Most people are most worried about the swim but the bike makes up half of the total time.

The weekly Tri club swim session has helped my swimming the most. If I were just going along and doing lengths I would get bored very quickly.

Man of Honour
I'd struggle with the swimming haven't swum any length since 2006 - I regularly do 6+km several days a week so good on that side.

Soldato
Swimming and Bike I could struggle through, I've never been a runner though, think thats where I'd fall down.

Back
Top Bottom