How much debt are you in and what for?

Associate
Mortgage: £170K. Pay the same as I would do in rent and will end up with something in 30 years, no brainer for me really.
Loan on Car: £5K - I needed a new car to get to work and back (30 miles each way). Work in the public sector in a school, so no chance of a company car or the like. Preferred not to have to rely on older cars so bought a new hatchback (Hyundai i10) for the 5 years warranty/peace of min.

That's it for me, both are necessary for my continued living. I've bought things previously on credit, but only when I was going to buy that thing anyway on an 18 month interest free credit card, stuck the money I was going to buy it with in a savings account and profited from it.

Soldato
Mortgage paid off about 3 years ago (the long way)

Still got about 6 months left to my final car payment.

That's it. Although I am now being expected to bail out family members who have jollied on borrowed money and now they are in the ****

Suspended
Mortgage paid off about 3 years ago (the long way)

Still got about 6 months left to my final car payment.

That's it. Although I am now being expected to bail out family members who have jollied on borrowed money and now they are in the ****

I know what my answer would be. Family or not, they are adults and must take responsibility for their own actions.

Underboss
£500 as I've just had the car MOT'd and serviced and got myself new rubber on the front. Will be paid off at the end of the month.

Associate
£2.5k left on a loan, £500 OD until payday next week and £200 on a CC. . Basically loan is because I wanted some stuff and couldn't afford it yet, OD is from Christmas which coincided with buying a 3 week holiday in Costa Rica for this summer and CC is because it was easier than using debit card.

Back
Top Bottom