1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much did you spend on your bed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OpenToSuggestions, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Name

Mobster

£820 on a hyde and sleep mem foam mattress. A well deserved upgrade after 14 years!

2. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

About 700 for an oak frame from Habitat, then about 600 for a king mattress

3. BattFink

Hitman

At the moment.. £0

My old bed (approx 10y old) seemed to be responsible for some re-occuring lower back issues, so started sleeping on the floor

3 months later I'm still sleeping on the floor and no longer have any issues with my back

4. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

I feel like there must be considerable evidence to show that sleeping on the floor isn't very good for you haha. But if it works for you!

Have you been to see a chiropractor?

5. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

there is nothing wrong with sleeping on the floor.

in fact there is evidence to show large pillows aren't good for you yet many use multiple of them.

when it comes to sleeping you want a firm but comfortable surface IMO. his bed was probably soft and like a marshmallow. not supporting his spine. now on the floor his spine is getting the support and stretching to it's correct position.

6. fobose

Mobster

Second the tempur mattress. We have a TV bed (Super king) with 2 single tempur mattresses in it (£1200 each). My better half took a while to get used to it (she got hot) but loves it now. Had them over 2 years.

I also got a tempur pillow (I asked for a free one, and got one :D) but after a year my neck started hurting, not sure if it was the pillow or not but since I swapped to something else I have been fine.

7. PermaChanged

Mobster

8. m4rmite

Gangster

:D:D:D