How much difference will this make?

Associate
I have 2 MSI K8N Neo2 platinium mobos; one bought as a full retail, the other an OEM one. They look identical, but on interrogating them with Everest the OEM one seems to have the NF3 250gb chipset and not the NF3 Ultra of the retail one. I guess the OEM one is the K8N Neo2-FX in reality.

The OEM one was advertised as a OEM MSI K8N Neo2 platinium; but are they really the -FX varient or have I got the wrong mobo? The MSI site does not list the OEM version.

The difference between the two chipsets is the HT speed 1000 for the ultra and 800 for the 250gb. By using a cpu (Opty 146) that is rated at 1000 am I going to get a performance hit?

Thanks for any help.

T

Associate
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
You will get a performance hit but it'll be very slight

The difference in performance between 1Ghz HT and 800Mhz HT is barely noticeable

Now thats what I'd hope someone would say; at the moment it runs my 146 at 2.8ghz which is HT of 840, this would be exactly the same if I was using the 1ghz mobo.

Now I have flashed the BIOS with the same one that is on 1ghz one; it appears to be the same on the MSI site for both mobos; and I find that the HT multies available are x5, x4, etc. :confused: Even so should I keep the HT to about 800 or less and not use x5.

Thanks

T

Back
Top Bottom