How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Associate
Nothing. And I'm not a skinhead/bald git either. I learned the scissors and clippers myself in a 3 way bathroom mirror in service of a fairly advanced stylized hairstyle, if I do say so myself. I got sick of barbers doing my hair wrong; going through constant cycles of it being too short/wrong for my liking, a rare happy middlezone, and then too long/unworkable for my liking.

I now consider self-haircutting not much more tricky than styling my hair. I've been doing this since about 2011 and the money I've saved must be enormous.

If you're hesitant about going to town with scissors on the on-top mop, there's something to be said for just getting clippers and doing the back/sides yourself. That's what noticeably starts to grow out the fastest and needs correcting the soonest.

Last edited:
Associate
I have cut my hair for the last the last 25 years, though to be fair, its not a very complicated haircut (#1).
Just to make sure i dont miss anything i hold an ipad in camera mode behind my head so that i can check it in the mirror. Must have saved me a fortune over the years.
$0

Soldato
£5.50 at a local no frills barber shop ran by some wifey.

I've never really found the need to go to some trendy place to pay upwards of £10+ to have my hair styled like a tart and a beard trim with a hot towel.

When all you're getting done is short back and sides £5.50 is enough to pay. :)

Soldato
Nothing. And I'm not a skinhead/bald git either. I learned the scissors and clippers myself in a 3 way bathroom mirror in service of a fairly advanced stylized hairstyle, if I do say so myself. I got sick of barbers doing my hair wrong; going through constant cycles of it being too short/wrong for my liking, a rare happy middlezone, and then too long/unworkable for my liking.

I now consider self-haircutting not much more tricky than styling my hair. I've been doing this since about 2011 and the money I've saved must be enormous.

If you're hesitant about going to town with scissors on the on-top mop, there's something to be said for just getting clippers and doing the back/sides yourself. That's what noticeably starts to grow out the fastest and needs correcting the soonest.

I'm a "self stylist" (ok, buzz-cut/skinhead :D) too, but only with clippers. Fair play to you learning to cut your hair with scissors using a mirror. :eek: Do you still have both ears?

Caporegime
£0

When you're called Screech, Curly Locks and Birds Nest Head at school you know there's little point in paying to get something done to your hair so buying my own clippers and removing it all was the best option.

Man of Honour
Gone up from £14, occasionally £10 then £16 and now £18. I only have two numbers shaved, so very quick. Every 2 weeks. My wife spends well over £140, so it puts mine in perspective :)

Permabanned
OP
£0

When you're called Screech, Curly Locks and Birds Nest Head at school you know there's little point in paying to get
something done to your hair so buying my own clippers and removing it all was the best option.

The number of people doing hair selfies is quite surprising, are these the type of people who don't go out we ask ourselves ?

In the interests of research I urge these ardent fans of tonsorial onanism to send us pictures of the "before and after".

Soldato
I was paying £9 a go until I bought my own clippers for £25 seven years ago to do the same job. I actually had to replace the blade a few months ago as I dropped the clippers on the tiles and cracked it, that was £12. I don't think £3 a year is bad going for cutting my hair. :)

Soldato
The number of people doing hair selfies is quite surprising, are these the type of people who don't go out we ask ourselves ?

In the interests of research I urge these ardent fans of tonsorial onanism to send us pictures of the "before and after".

We go out alright. About 15 minutes before you. While you lover boys with your swish hair finish washing, drying and preening your thatch, we're on our second pint. :p

Soldato

Guaranteed your hair looks DIY. Even a barber gets someone else to cut their hair. Self-barbering is a skill you shouldn't have, like self-dentistry.

Associate
For a long time now i've just buzz cut all mine off myself with the missus checking for any stray hair

However yesterday for some reason I fancied it cut so went to the one she uses. Very nice young lady made an excellent job of it considering she didnt have much to work with. Anyhows it was £5.50 so gave her £7 cos i was very happy with it. I think i'm gonna pamper myself and have it cut for me from now on

Back
Top Bottom