How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Soldato
£17 and that’s one of the cheapest option around this area.

I looked at getting a trim at a barbers in London by my office, £35 seemed to be the going rate.

My office moved to London recently, and I found the same, cheapest place was £27 and appointment only. Quite a shock, luckily everywhere in my home town is £9, but it would handy if I could nip out and get it done on my lunch break :/

Associate
£8 at the local Jimmy Trims. Every 6th cut gratis.

A barber opened up in the village, charged a tenner, didn't mind the difference as it was closer. Haircuts weren't as good and his attention always seemed to be somewhere other than on my head. His apprentice wasn't too bad though. Final straw was when I booked an appointment, turned up to find the shop closed with a note on the door saying closed for lunch and wouldn't be back until 30 mins later.

Soldato
I’m glad I’m not the only one who has a nose hair wax... I pay £22 for the full nose wax, cut throat shave and haircut. It was much more for the salon treatment in central Birmingham!

Soldato
£11 on Stafford Newport Road by the nightclub and I tip £1 as well. Nice bunch of fellas and girls who work there.

£35 and £50?! Are you girls?

No wait... there are no girls on the internet :p
On the flipside if someone gave me a quid and called it "a tip" I'd smack them in the mouth for being cheeky :p

Caporegime
£0 as I've learnt to do it myself with my clippers, grade 3 back and sides blended into a scissor cut on top.

I use two opposing mirrors in my bathroom to see round the back.

I've learnt how to 'texture' hair with scissors too. Looks like an expensive salon cut as far as I'm concerned, and all from the comfort of my home with no travelling or queueing.

Permabanned
OP
An allegedly straight newspaper columnist was saying he gladly paid £55 per month to get his haircut in a hairdressers so he wouldn't have to
talk about football, brexit and twin turbo MX5s, presumably he was happier talking about babies, tampons and Love Island.

Soldato
The other question is HOW OFTEN ... with the difficult of getting there at least 2 months between cuts

but , about £10, but was cheaper at the local hair-dressing college, although results more variable
...imhop Italians and Turkish barbers seem to have more pride in their work

Soldato
It could be worse, men could have to pay the same as women pay. I used to date a girl who was a model for a national chain of hair salons (Francesco Group) and some of the prices they'd charge for haircuts were ridiculous. This was back in the mid-90s and even then they were charging £50+ a time just for a cut. My missus got hers done free of charge though, but still...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom