How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Permabanned
OP
a tenner in change you mean? No one surely spends less than a tenner on a haircut unless it's poverty spec, surely?

No, £9, that's all, and I resent the £1 tip, but I give it anyway, and I give him some bloody hair to cut, guys with Sgt. Bilko hair come in and he spends about 10 minutes
tittifying, snipping and teasing their meagre cranial sproutings.

However he is outrageously Right wing and entertainingly bolshy, if you can be both at the same time.

Associate
My worst one was a more upmarket place than I usually go to. However, he started off the conversation by saying "What do you want?" in a tone like I was covered in poo. I said "a haircut" because why else would I go there? He sighed then goes "right come here then". He gave me a **** hair cut that took him about 3 minutes then said that will be £20. I actually went "WAT"???? He just goes "Ok give me £10 and go". Swear it was such a strange experience start to finish being treated like absolute filth. Shock and surprise: I never went back:eek:

Soldato
for wash, cut, hot towel, arm massage and a coffee
when did this massage thing come in ? our local Turkish does the hot towel (nice) and arm/shoulder massage ....

I think they are completely unqualified and last time developed whip-lash the following day .. I'll visit a chiropractice if I need one ....

Soldato
£9 from the local Turkish barbers or £14 if I want a beard trim and shape with the cut throat. They're really good and very popular, I'm surprised the prices have stayed the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
when did this massage thing come in ? our local Turkish does the hot towel (nice) and arm/shoulder massage ....

I think they are completely unqualified and last time developed whip-lash the following day .. I'll visit a chiropractice if I need one ....

No idea, this place always did it from the day I started using them four years ago. That and the burning fireball waved at the side of my head we’re firsts for me that unnerved me slightly. :eek:

Soldato
My worst one was a more upmarket place than I usually go to. However, he started off the conversation by saying "What do you want?" in a tone like I was covered in poo. I said "a haircut" because why else would I go there? He sighed then goes "right come here then". He gave me a **** hair cut that took him about 3 minutes then said that will be £20. I actually went "WAT"???? He just goes "Ok give me £10 and go". Swear it was such a strange experience start to finish being treated like absolute filth. Shock and surprise: I never went back:eek:

When I moved jobs about 9 months ago I decided to see if I could find a barber nearby to avoid having to get my hair cut on my day off. I found a decent one next door £20 but always really good.

Anyway during my hunt I checked out some Google reviews and found one barber with the worst reviews I've seen for ages, takes 5 mins and provides terrible hair cuts, gets aggressive when challenged and regularlybgoes on anti immigrant rants despite being a Kurdish immigrant, there was one review I think where he went off on someone for not being able to speak English properly, suggesting they go back to where they came from....the guy in question was Irish.

Really weird, I considered going just to see what it was like.

Soldato
I haven't paid for a haircut in about 10 years

Decent set of hair clippers (and by decent I mean £20, not those at £60 which last six months and die), another set of beard clippers and a philips oneblade for downstairs :cool:

Shave my head every other week

Soldato
£15 tops. Otherwise I'm just going to shave it myself :p

It's ridiculous how women pay huge sums for their cuts.

You get what you pay for. A barber is fine if you have a basic haircut, but if you want a proper style then you're not going to get that at the barber for £10.

When I moved jobs about 9 months ago I decided to see if I could find a barber nearby to avoid having to get my hair cut on my day off. I found a decent one next door £20 but always really good.

Anyway during my hunt I checked out some Google reviews and found one barber with the worst reviews I've seen for ages, takes 5 mins and provides terrible hair cuts, gets aggressive when challenged and regularlybgoes on anti immigrant rants despite being a Kurdish immigrant, there was one review I think where he went off on someone for not being able to speak English properly, suggesting they go back to where they came from....the guy in question was Irish.

Really weird, I considered going just to see what it was like.

I had something similar in Woking. I tried out this barber that's really close to my house. It was this middle aged woman, which I wasn't delighted with - generally prefer a man. Anyway, she asked me "why haven't you been here before?", "where do you live?", "how long have you lived here?"

In the end, I told her I basically lived around the corner but liked the barber's in town, which is more or less full of Romanians (as far as I can tell), but they're mostly nice and it's a really popular place. She then went on a rant about how immigrant barbers were taking over! I was just sat there like, **** with your bedside manner it's now wonder.

hag.

Soldato
£10 and then a couple of quid for a tip. The guy is a bit of a lad but he's alright to chat to, he's into games so always stuff to talk about and he does a really good cut.

Back
Top Bottom