1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roland Butter, Jan 28, 2019.

1. FishFluff

Mobster

£21 every 5 weeks. The guy is absolutely amazing and, more importantly, consistent!

2. Sin_Chase

Capodecina

Thick end of £35

3. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

£zero self cut. Every 4 weeks

4. FoxEye

Capodecina

Last time I just got the old bear trimmer out and shaved myself.

My regular hairdresser put the price up from £9 to £15 in a single, painful price hike.

5. GW1970

Gangster

Near home it’s £4.50 but if in London £30

6. Jonnybmac

Wise Guy

A friend of mines girlfriend works in a salon I used to go to and they actually wrote what people talk about down so next time they come in they can hold another conversation with them so they can act like they know them. I found this out when I was paying about £30 for a hair cit every week
    My hair did feel amazing mind as they don't cut it like normal barbers but diagonally in so it had different texture and volume, and got a free wash and dry, plus drink which always meant chewing on hairs by nature of someone above cutting hair into it whilst you drink it.

I pay £9 but always tip to £10. Been going years and actually know have good bants. He does go a bit mad on the cutting sometimes if the conversations going well but overall happy.

7. wingman

Mobster

Funny you should say that, my hairdresser mentioned something quite significant that may or may not have developed by the next time I go in, and so I've written it down to bring up in my next cut. I probably would remember either way, but it doesn't hurt to add a little prompt.

8. Mak3R

Wise Guy

0, sister works in a barbers and does it for free :). Go roughly once a month.

9. King4aDay

Mobster

Usually nothing as my gf does it. There are a couple of barbers I sometimes go to, think they charge £8 and £8.50.

Probably get it cut every 3-4 months. I have less hair to worry about these days :(

10. Haze

Mobster

About £14 every 3 months

11. thegreysquirrel

Associate

Buzz cut every 2 weeks, costs me nothing as I do it myself.

12. PC777

Associate

£0 whenever I feel like a cut, usually once every month or more.

Anyone who already has a buzz cut, same all over or even a slight gradient, say 2 on sides to 5 on top, it's way easier to cut your own hair with clipper and a guard than you might think. After 2 or three times doing it it's as easy as shaving your face.

Been doing it 3 years, saved at least £350 as my cuts were £10 plus £2 tip. Honestly can do a lot better cut than some of the barbers at my local place could. The only thing you can''t really do is slight clean up straight razor work, but they'd faff about doing that for minutes on end when I can do the entire cut myself in about 5-10.

Just get a handheld shaving mirror to check the back in your bathroom mirror and all set. Been a massive game changer for me as I hated having that tight smock around my neck and sitting around wasting time waiting for cuts.

It doesn't seem like much but knowing you can cut your own hair whenever you want is awesome.

13. harry5522

Soldato

Free, me and my old man have done each other’s for years. Easy enough as we both sport a number 2 all over.

14. foster grant

Soldato

I just shave my head, do it myself :)

15. Karl

Mobster

£8 to be trimmed by some rather surly Kurdish men who are very handy with a cut-throat razor. Very neat!

16. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

Makes sense, get to know your clients.

Good line managers also do this with their workers.

17. Bony Maloney

Sgarrista

£13 plus tip. That's for wash/condition, cut then rinse blow dry & style :)

18. dcsarge

Wise Guy

0.8mm trimmer across my bonce whenever I get the chance at no cost but the effort :D.

19. MoRT489

Soldato

£35 every 7-8 weeks. Got into the habit of tipping the hairdresser when living overseas and continued when I moved here - is tipping a hairdresser weird in the UK? I see some people in this thread do it.

20. Andy__C

Hitman

Wow..... i suddenly feel like i very much overpay.

I pay £35 for the lad and myself (he's 5) every 8 weeks. It's a decent cut at a barber, they take around 40 mins to do it but its also not whar i'd call mund blowing service. This is the outskirts if Cardiff. All the tatooey, leather apron wearing places in town are £25-£30 from my odd glance in so i don't bother... though its not that much more than i probably pay.now