How much do you pay for insurance?

Associate
35. 7 years ncb, Fully comp, Garaged, Pillion, Basic helmet and leathers, Riding other classics, European cover.

Kwak zzr1100
Kwak zzr600
Kwak kz1000p
Kwak z1100
mz ts250
mz ts 125

£141

excess £50

Soldato
5 years biking, 5 years ncb, 1 non-fault accident
2015 Triumph Speed Triple R
Fully comp
Includes riding other bikes :D

£300 this year. £250 excess (might be 150)

Last edited:
Associate
:eek:

Sod that, you're a brave man. Anything over £2500-3k would be fully comp without question.

I don't see the point of fully comp. I've been efffed over twice on car insurance through no fault of my own and it cost me on the next years premiums each time. I'm now third party and if i drop it I'll pay for the repair myself and keep a low premium.

Associate
How about if you damage another car in the process? You'll then have a claim against you AND a ****ed bike :o

Hadn't really thought of it but if it happens it happens. I'd rather the £700 in my pocket and no excess and take the risk I guess. Makes each ride even more of an adrenaline rush ;)

When the fully comp premiums are sub £500 I'd consider it but four figures plus excess I cannot afford.

Soldato
Ouch, was that the difference between comp and TPFT? It's just the thought of binning the bike and it being a write off, you can sell it for spares etc but you'd still be several grand out of pocket.

Associate
When the fully comp premiums are sub £500 I'd consider it but four figures plus excess I cannot afford.
This. The cost to insure mine FC was gonna be over £1200 which is £800 on top of the TPFT price. I'd have to seriously throw the bike the down the road to be that much out of pocket after an off (especially with all the crash bars and pannier rack on mine).
And my bike is only worth £3k.

Soldato
Fully comprehensive on the Nuda is £381 for the year which surprised me, paid it in full as it's a waste paying £38 a month as it adds like £150 on over the year.

Associate
Ouch, was that the difference between comp and TPFT? It's just the thought of binning the bike and it being a write off, you can sell it for spares etc but you'd still be several grand out of pocket.

Oh yeah it is a big risk and it's one I'd rather not take but when it came to renewal I didn't have just under £1100 which got me what I have right now with all the extras. Voluntary excess I think was £250 plus the compulsory excess of £250 it all adds up.

I don't do huge miles on the bike as the GF is only 20ish miles away and work is 8 miles the other way.

Soldato
Yeh, they're only Aprilia dealer in Kent I believe, as BowenMoto lost the franchise a few year ago. Next nearest is East Grinstead.

Yeah that's right, I'm right in between the 2! Glad you find them decent as I'll probably be using them to service the Tuono, they quoted me decent prices for the normal and big (valve check) services, £200 and £400.

Soldato
Latest quote: Around the £225 mark inc Legal, Gear & Helmet, Breakdown
How many years riding: 13 overall / 9 full license
Bike: Suzuki GSX650F
Type of cover: Fully Comp
Excess: £200
No claims: 1 year

Soldato
I generally start using some very foul language at any company who quotes me over £100 for my fully comp insurance... but having used GoCom a few times, it is quite random as to what companys figure - The sensible ones charge me under a ton, but others quoted as much as five grand!!

Bennetts are the only consistent ones, with their logic seeming to be "Insurance always costs as much money as we can BS you out of, sir"...

Associate
Hayabusa trike

48... i'm paraplegic.

since I was 16.

Full comp with protected NC, road side assist with pillion and legal cover.

Bike converted to trike with other mods.

£170, excess £50.

Associate
£116 with Bennetts.

2004 Bandit 1200 with mods, bars, dynojet and can.

0 no claims as stopped riding for a couple of years.

excess £100

Cheap motorcycling really.

Back
Top Bottom