How much do you spend on food a week?

Soldato
Everyone is saying food is getting cheaper or at least staying the same price but i'm not sure. I seem to be spending more now than ever.

I spend ~£30 on lunch a week whilst at work plus about £15-£2 on coffee.
My weekly shop is no longer weekly, its about every 3 days and £30!

Thats just over £100 a week on food and drinks! (not including anything like restaurant meals or take-aways)

I'm more like Guest2 here.

About £20/week on lunches at work, about £10 every Saturday at Caffe Nero, then £60ish a week on a grocery shop. That does include booze, kitchen, laundry and bathroom stuff though.

The £25 weekly grocery spends from 1998 are very much a bygone.

Associate
I'd guess at around 40 ignoring a take out which I may have once a week. I think i'm reasonably frugal pretty much always making my own lunch and I largely eat frozen veg rather than fresh among other things.

Soldato
£5.10 - chicken meat and chips.
£15 - college food.
£10 - other food. A stew or spaghetti Bolognese lasts me 4 portions.

£25.10. ;)

Oh and £5 to get my nana flowers because she makes me dinner every now and again. :)

Man of Honour
They are a bit sneaky about it... "new" "improved" version of my normal cereal - its only a few pence more but gone from 5xx grams to 400 grams for the same box size. Same with some of the biscuits I have - "new" version that has 5 in the box instead of 6 in the previous one but at the same price and so on.

So the per item (box/packet) price seems to be the same more or less but your overall bill goes up a little.

Permabanned
~£5 pp chicken breasts per week (almost) and ~ the same on veg, breakfast less than both. No one is home for lunch outside weekends.

Should probably have more red meat but it's not a preference.

Associate
Spend about £200 a month.

About £100 of that is spent in Morissons and £100 at Sainsburys.

We do go out once a week, so that is to cook 6 dinners a week, plus sandwiches for lunch.

Then going out can be from £10 if we go for something really quick, all the way up to £200 if we go to a nice restaurant and drink lots of nice wine.

Back
Top Bottom