How much does a motherboard weigh (in KG)??

Soldato
Hi all, sold my Abit IP35 pro xe with Q6600 on e-b.a.y now im trying to get a quote on interparcel to see how much its going to cost.

ive put the package on one hand, and put some small dumbell weights on the other and tried to balance it and im sure its around 1.75kg or so. I dont have any digital scales and cant get to the post office to get the exact weight.

so if you had to estimate/round of the nearest kg what would it be, 1kg, 2kg, 3kg or more?

Cheers

Soldato
the mobo, box etc will be 2Kg or under - £4.41 Standard Parcels with Royal Mail (plus any insurance required).
the E6600 & HSF will add weight though & I haven't a clue how much.

Soldato
Send it via Recorded, that way you know if they have received it or not when the buyer claims they haven't and start asking for a refund etc. Costs more than Standard Parcels or just First Class but the tracking is important.

Associate
I dont have any digital scales and cant get to the post office to get the exact weight.

Why would you need digital scales specifically?

Any bathroom scales will do surely? Weigh yourself holding the package, weigh yourself without, do the math, hey presto.

Associate
of course ;)

would be mad not to have!

Hmm, would still be cautious, received payment to paypal and sent an item only to have the payment pulled.

This was a couple of years ago though.

Because of that experience I never sell outside of the UK. At least if they reside here it won't cost me as much to go pay them a visit.

Associate
Stolen/fraudulent payment details. Even phoned the Ukrainian Police, but no luck in getting the 7800gtx back or the money for the card.

Associate
Yeah, the only fishy part was when they asked to send to a different address, if I remember correctly.

It was quite a few years ago now. I'm a lot more clued up about ebay and the risks of selling online, and as a rule of thumb always stick to inside the UK so I can get the police involved (other wise you'll end up hitting brick walls). Even one dodgy Irish guy tried to say I had used a graphics card I had sold as new, claiming the heatsink sticker was damaged when I had inspected the card before shipping and knew he was lying or had done it himself.

People forget when buying from others you don't have the same rights in the sale and think they can bully you into a refund.

Back
Top Bottom