How much fruit do you eat?

Soldato
but not sure I would want to eat two apples, or two bananas a day
agree - bananas have a high glycemic index+load, I can sense the 'hit', and, with typical weight relatively high in calories - eg

concur on the 'easy peelers' when did this dumbed down marketing get intoduced - prefer, only eat, tangarines less sweet but need a knife (or nail-bar talons?) ;
I thought easy peelers were optimised varieties, for maximum, child friendly, sweetness ?

Given the NFC fruit juice vs fruit discussion that initiated thread - maybe smoothies (never had one) are a good compromise

Man of Honour
Given the NFC fruit juice vs fruit discussion that initiated thread - maybe smoothies (never had one) are a good compromise
essentially as bad as juice.
have you seen how much sugar is in smoothies or fruit juice.
neither are wrapped up in the structure, which means they are quickly absorbed which leads to several potential issues as well as how easy it is to consume large quantities. the whole idea of either being healthy is misguided.

berries several times a week, other than that none. No need for them and veg is a 100x nicer. Other than pineapple, but if I buy a pineapple the whole thing is getting eaten in one go, so not often.

Associate
I wish I ate more but I don't really like the texture of most fruits. Need to star making smoothies again. Frozen pineapple, blueberries, coconut milk and a little coco powder is nice. Also banana and pineapple.

Soldato
OP
I wish I ate more but I don't really like the texture of most fruits. Need to star making smoothies again. Frozen pineapple, blueberries, coconut milk and a little coco powder is nice. Also banana and pineapple.

Good idea, think I might as well. Make a big batch and freeze them.

Soldato
I don't think you quite understand, they are sold as Easy Peelers, 1 week they are clems, the next 2 they are sats, then 2 weeks of clems, all at random.
I do understand. It just smacks of dumbing down everything. It's a flippin' fruit and the girlfriend and I much prefer satsumas to clementines. They should tell you what you are buying, not what they've marketed it as. I don't know how they get away with it.

Caporegime
I do understand. It just smacks of dumbing down everything. It's a flippin' fruit and the girlfriend and I much prefer satsumas to clementines. They should tell you what you are buying, not what they've marketed it as. I don't know how they get away with it.

Well they could call them Mandarins (as that is what Clems and Sats are cultivars of), but the easy peeler term covers that it varies depending on source country and seasonality. Certainly one of the odder things to get your panties in a bunch over :p

Soldato
Usually a banana, apple and maybe a tangerine or two if I can get 'em. Also grapes if they aren't too expensive. Not a health food fanatic I just like 'em. Picked up some apples from a farm shop some russets and ashmead's recently. Not the prettiest looking apples but by god the flavour! Sure beats the bright, shiny, red, crisp but bland supermarket varieties.

Can I just say, what the **** is an easy peeler? M&S I'm looking at you! :mad: It does my head in. An "easy peeler" is not a fruit. Call it a damn satsuma, or a damn clementine etc. :mad:

I don't like clems, satsumas are ok (they're very loose skinned) tangerines have the best flavour (but are definitely not easy peelers)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom