1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much fruit do you eat?

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by jsmoke, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

25g of dried fruit in morning porridge and one big apple from local orchards.

Try to avoid imported fresh fruit

2. 4K8KW10

Mobster

Cherries and sour cherries.

Together with the previously mentioned by me:

3. jpaul

Mobster

agree, in the UK, for soft fruit, putting aside miles/farmers, you pay a premium for something imported that maybe nutritionally correct, but has little taste due to chilling , intensive cultivation ... maybe brexit will fix local sources.

so - sorry - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches and apricots, Cherries and sour cherries are out - strictly dancingcitrus

4. mrbazmondo

Hitman

Bananas and oranges. Sometimes I wizz up some frozen blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and a banana to make a smoothie. Some supermarkets sell pre-frozen berries cheaper than the fresh ones. I grow my own raspberries and blackberries and fill the freezer when they're ripe.

5. mjt

Capodecina

I almost never eat fruit. Veg I do, but just don't eat fruit for some reason. My body must hate me.

6. RJC

Don

I eat fruit most days - banana and Apple.

Veg - depends on what I fancy for dinner.

7. 4K8KW10

Mobster

Yeah, and perhaps your health isn't the best either.

8. mjt

Capodecina

Pretty much

9. Hotwired

Soldato

But they do...

The name of the product is generic so they can use more than one variety to fulfill the requirements.

But if you have a look at the details on the bag it tells you what variety is in the bag, also the grower and source.

10. C-Roy

Perma Banned

Bananas lots of them.

11. krooton

Capodecina

Doubt that has anything to do with not eating fruit, especially if you eat veg.

There is no such thing as 'essential carbs' so as long as you are getting your vitamins and minerals from other sources, there is no 'need' to eat fruit.

12. M1k3H

Wise Guy

eat an apple (pink lady) and some grapes/blueberries every Mon-Thu. Don't really eat anything on Fri-Sun apart from the odd glass of orange juice.

13. mjt

Capodecina

I love empty carbs and other crap. My diet isn't great but I've cut down significantly on the crap. Can't get enough of empty carbs though :(

Should start eating more fruit for the fibre content, but it's full of sugar.

14. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

I do enjoy wild berries /soft fruit when in season blackberries /green gauges . Only what I can pick mind won't pay shop prices.

15. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Banana, pink lady apple and some red grapes most days. Occasionally some other things. Tomatoes are technically fruits too, consume them daily in salad.

16. roccles

Hitman

Four Apples, one banana and a bunch of grapes a day throughout the year, then when necarines and plums are in season in will have a couple of those each day.

I am a bit of a apple snob so these end up costing me a fair bit each week

17. snow patrol

Mobster

started having a home made smoothie every morning. A banana (unripened), fresh baby spinach, an apple, a few strawberries and blueberries, almond milk and flax seed. Rather tasty and doing it for a month and doing a bit of exercise for the first time in a few years has genuinely made me feel better. :)

18. bruce

Hitman

On workdays, 2 types of berries with the bran flakes in the morning, and any 3 different fruits chopped up for lunch.
    Weekends it's just the berries.

19. XeNoN89

Soldato

A banana a day

20. Chojin

Wise Guy

3 bananas, 1 golden delicious apple and a pack of blueberries each day. Grapes, honeydew melons, strawberries and persimmons less often. Occasionally I make a lassi with frozen raspberries.