How much has your council tax gone up this year?

Man of Honour
Just had my bill through. It’s a total rise of 4.8% - thought that was pretty high? Seems to be a 12.4% increase for policing the area.

Just curious as to what people thought.

Soldato
I remember years ago council tax was a lot less, and they did a better job......I'm please we're all moving in the right direction

Still, I'm please my pay has gone up to compensate, oh wait

The one silver lining at least is that now we're all recycling the earth is all the better for it. Imagine paying more, doing recycling and the earth ends up worse. Now that would be crazy.

Thanks!!

Soldato
Associate
Up 4.1% with a 13.5% increase on Police and Crime Commissioner, I am paying £400 a year more than when I moved into my house in 2012.

Its the only bill you really have no control over and it just seem to go up and up.

Soldato
13.5% increase in police, we are a town 80000 population, local police station was shut a few years ago and now they have a 'pop up' in the local library for 2 days a week. Maybe 'Mike' from Gosport was right.

Man of Honour
OP
Huh seems pretty similar across the board then. In real money for me, and I live in the second lowest band, it’s an ~£80 increase. It’s quite a lot really.

Soldato
Mine has gone up every year since i bought my first place.

5 years on the trot.

Policing was the biggest increase for my area this year. considering there is a small increase in little grot bags causing issues in the local town, i hope to see an improvement in this area if I'm paying for it!

/Nottooserious

Soldato
2.99% the only time I ever see police is when football matches are on.

The council are probably the worst in the country plus there is likely a lot of corruption.

Soldato
How many bin collections do you get? We have one black bin every fortnight (which with 2 adults and two cats gets full every time). Recycling every week.

General waste and recycling is every fortnight, the paid for green garden waste service is 21 collections in the year

Man of Honour
Mine seems to have gone up by the maximum 5.99%. They are considering whether to reduce bin collections from fortnightly (with recycling fortnightly as well) down to monthly. Charges have also been introduced at our local dump too. Happy times. It's no wonder fly tipping is on the increase.

Back
Top Bottom