How much to fit tyres in 2020?

Associate
Hi guys, thinking of getting a set of all season tyres for winter for my car.

However I've come to the dilemma of either getting a full new set of wheels and tyres, or just getting new tyres fitted to my current wheels and storing the summer tyres until it's warmer.

Obviously getting new wheels will significantly increase the initial cost, but if I'm switching tyres twice a year then over the long term it would make more sense.

So to help me with my math, how much does it cost to fit tyres to wheels in 2020? Most of the Google results are about 10 years old. Thanks!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

I've got a BMW M140i so they came with Michelin pilot super sports which I've read are awful in cold and wet weather.

I've got garage space to store wheels/tyres so that's no problem.

For more detail, I've seen a set of the same OEM alloys available on a different forum for around £450. The tyres I've prices up are the all season Crossclimate+. 225/40R18 front and 245/35R18 rear on ATS for around £450, which brings the total to around £900.

It sounds like switching tyres will cost around £50 a time so maybe spending the extra £450 now in the long run will be worth it considering the wheels can re resold after.

Back
Top Bottom