• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
My Pixel 3 XL has been really crap since Android 12....I was about to turn to the dark side and get an iPhone, but decided to give it one last chance with a factory reset.

Seems to have fixed the issues for now. I've switched to Waze over Google Maps which is a massive improvement too.

Fingers crossed this'll keep me going another year or two. The camera is still bloody great.

Soldato
2 years old - Blackberry Key2 LE. Now running a bit slow, and the battery life is deteriorating.
I'd love to buy a new decent physical keyboard phone, as the typing experience is so much better than touchscreen, but no-one does them any more. :(

Soldato
I lasted 5 years with the note 8. Tbh it does everything, but the battery isn't lasting now and I'd like to update the camera so I've ordered the S22.

Soldato
Mine is approaching 4 years. Huawei Mate 20 Pro. It's been decent to be fair - far better than my experiences with older Samsung phones.

I just had a quick glance at comparing specs on mine with the Pixel 6 and it seems to me that phone tech progress is slowing down. There's not enough difference between mine and even the Pixel 6 Pro to make me want to upgrade. Usually my current handset is lagging and doing weird stuff, forcing an upgrade, but not just yet. Maybe another year.

Soldato
Mine is approaching 4 years. Huawei Mate 20 Pro. It's been decent to be fair - far better than my experiences with older Samsung phones.

I just had a quick glance at comparing specs on mine with the Pixel 6 and it seems to me that phone tech progress is slowing down. There's not enough difference between mine and even the Pixel 6 Pro to make me want to upgrade. Usually my current handset is lagging and doing weird stuff, forcing an upgrade, but not just yet. Maybe another year.
It depends on what features you value.

The pixel 6 pro will muller the mate in terms of speed, smoothness and especially photo and video quality. A spec sheet does not tell the full story.

Soldato
It depends on what features you value.

The pixel 6 pro will muller the mate in terms of speed, smoothness and especially photo and video quality. A spec sheet does not tell the full story.

Yeah fair one. I'll look into it a bit more. Was hoping the difference in quality would be as blindingly obvious as it has been the last few times I was looking to upgrade.

Associate
S10 plus almost 5 years, usually I'd of upgraded by now and I do look every now and again but honestly... when I compare the specs it's still an amazing phone and I have no need to upgrade.

most of the newer models seem to have worse battery too, and do I really need 120hz screen to reply to someone on Facebook messenger.

Permabanned
OP7 Pro, so almost three years, other than a dodgy charging port it's still working fine, and the battery still lasts the day.

I would like to upgrade but really don't need too. I don't really want phones with a notch or punch hole, willing to compromise but it's got to be the right phone.

Back
Top Bottom