How popular are nightclubs these days?

Associate
Back in the day, youths didn’t need a nightclub to have a good time

In London the illegal rave scene still exists to this day, just as it did back in early 90's. Most weekends there are illegal raves in abandoned buildings/warehouse... you just have to know where to find the information. Granted it's not quite the same as back in ye day but for the younger generation its the closest they can get to it and you do still get some impressive parties, there was one in an abandoned cinema in elephant and castle a few months back which was absolutely mental and reminded me of my youth.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back in the day, youths didn’t need a nightclub to have a good time

I always say I was born a decade / 15 years too late, but then I had a great time in my youth with Trance, House, Hard house, techno, PsyTrance, Hardcore, Hardstyle & Dubstep nights plus many festivals and a few Ibiza / abroad trips. With the added bonus of technology and i guess general better living.
That said, going to something like this in my early 20s, Berlin love parades etc. would have been immense

Caporegime
We could go out on the lash in the early 00's for £20-30 and get completely trashed. That's including a pack of 20 cigs. King's Lynn was my hangout and you could easily go through 10 different bars before ending up in a club and that was an average sized town. Wages haven't really changed since the mid 00's yet the price of everything has.

Associate
We could go out on the lash in the early 00's for £20-30 and get completely trashed. That's including a pack of 20 cigs. King's Lynn was my hangout and you could easily go through 10 different bars before ending up in a club and that was an average sized town. Wages haven't really changed since the mid 00's yet the price of everything has.

Exactly. Cambridge was a bit more expensive, but I remember a pint of Castlemaine XXXX (yes, I know) being £2.80-£3 a pint as recently as 2004, and Stella wasn't much more...

Soldato
Not into night clubs, rather just go round the bars. I was in Newcastle (the real one) on Friday night a few weeks ago and we just went to about 6 or 7 different bars, had some food, then revisited a couple more. Much better atmosphere and beer.

Associate
In London the illegal rave scene still exists to this day, just as it did back in early 90's. Most weekends there are illegal raves in abandoned buildings/warehouse... you just have to know where to find the information. Granted it's not quite the same as back in ye day but for the younger generation its the closest they can get to it and you do still get some impressive parties, there was one in an abandoned cinema in elephant and castle a few months back which was absolutely mental and reminded me of my youth.

Same here in Sheffield. In fact me of my female staff members attends one most weekends.

Soldato
Exactly. Cambridge was a bit more expensive, but I remember a pint of Castlemaine XXXX (yes, I know) being £2.80-£3 a pint as recently as 2004, and Stella wasn't much more...
I used to get a pint for £1.70 in my local around that time, I remember the outrage when it went up to £1.80 :D. £10-15 was a good night out.

Soldato
Same here in Sheffield. In fact me of my female staff members attends one most weekends.

Do they still do them up in Grenoside Woods? I live close to the M1/Parkway and depending if the wind is blowing in the right direction can hear them on the odd weekend (not Grenoside) must be one closer, guessing down around Attercliffe.

Caporegime

Was my brew of choice as well. My brother lives in Australia and my dad took me around the Castlemaine brewery for my 18th. Everyone thinks Fosters is Australian lager but fail to realise XXXX is their best selling larger.

Associate
Do they still do them up in Grenoside Woods? I live close to the M1/Parkway and depending if the wind is blowing in the right direction can hear them on the odd weekend (not Grenoside) must be one closer, guessing down around Attercliffe.

Not sure about Grenoside. I live not too far from there and can’t say I’ve heard anything for a long time now.

Yeah most are around the attercliffe area and odd ones in and around the city centre

A few legit nights are beginning to start in the kelham island area so imagine lots of illegal ones will follow if not already. It’s the perfect area with all the old warehouses. IMO kelham island is crying out for a good underground club like you find in Berlin.

Back
Top Bottom