How rubbish is iTunes???

Soldato
I've been trying to copy music from iTunes to my iPod and despite refreshing my entire library to update it with new music, the copy feature is still telling me that the files cannot be found.

I've never been a massive fan of Apple products and this is why. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to replace this god awful device, so I'm having to use it.

What is going on here? Why is iTunes unable to copy these files???

Permabanned
You have ticked the box in;

Preferences > Advanced > Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library ?

Try: Close iTunes (Reset iTunes by deleting the iTunes folder in My Music) (Back it up first)

EDIT: I have never once had a problem with iTunes from the day of release 1.

Soldato
You either buy into the whole MP3 tags, metadata, thing and let iTunes manage everything or you'll pull you're hair out. I use it when I have to.

Soldato
Duplicates is a problem if you rescan the library. Or if you've imported something twice.

I mainly use non Apple MP3 players. So the tagging is a bit hit and miss for me. When I have to add something to the Apple device I usually recreate the library from scratch by pointing it at the appropriate folder. ITunes is a bit of a resource hog so I don't leave it installed.

I usually use Media Monkey. But if its a Apple MP3 player iTunes is the best way to manage it.

Soldato
I think there's a perception that dumming something down makes it easier. But that only true in specific situations. Sometimes it adds layers of abstraction that are not that intuitive.

Soldato
I recently bought an iPod Classic to stick in the car, I wasn't looking forward to using iTunes again, then I discovered that JRiver MC can convert my FLAC's to MP3's and put them on the iPod, job done.

Soldato
I tunes is a complete mess you would think they might get the idea that more than one person accesses a PC and that two people in the one house might have different windows accounts and they might want one location between them :o:eek:

Back
Top Bottom