How the hell do Currys stay in business?

Man of Honour
That reminds me. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll be ditching my current 1MB internet and getting Gigabit FTTH (should be a hell of a difference) and so need to measure out how much cat5/cat6 I need to run from the front room to the upstairs back bedroom.

I've just had a reply off LilaConnect on Facebook.
Even though the cables have been down a couple of months the infrastructure still needs working on.

Soldato
I've just had a reply off LilaConnect on Facebook.
Even though the cables have been down a couple of months the infrastructure still needs working on.

Cheers for that. :) Should be the same for me then, the cables have been down in the street for a couple of months now but still no movement on them taking orders.

Commissario
That reminds me. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll be ditching my current 1MB internet and getting Gigabit FTTH (should be a hell of a difference) and so need to measure out how much cat5/cat6 I need to run from the front room to the upstairs back bedroom.
Probably the easiest way to do it, if doing it yourself is to get a length of cat 5e (say 100m) some end connectors and a cheap crimp tool, that way you can get it more of less exactly the right length and route it more easily (~6mm cable rather than having to allow for a ~15mm diameter hole if going through any walls/floors).

Man of Honour
Cheers for that. :) Should be the same for me then, the cables have been down in the street for a couple of months now but still no movement on them taking orders.

Full reply
Hi Dave, although the cables may have been laid, there is still further work to be done before areas go live, so it does take a few months after the build unfortunately. We'd be more than happy to offer you an indicative date - email your full address to [email protected] and we'll give you an idea as to when you'll be able to get a full fibre connection. Thank you!
1f642.png

Associate
Full reply
Hi Dave, although the cables may have been laid, there is still further work to be done before areas go live, so it does take a few months after the build unfortunately. We'd be more than happy to offer you an indicative date - email your full address to [email protected] and we'll give you an idea as to when you'll be able to get a full fibre connection. Thank you!
1f642.png

not been down my road yet we live on a small street off a main road the other side of the main road was done months ago

i just want rid of bt

Permabanned
Mouse wheel broke yesterday, so straight down Curries this morning as I've been wanting a wireless one. Wound up spending nearly £300 as I picked the G915 too. Lovely to type on.

To contradict their returns policy mentioned here, because I bought in store I cannot return these items as they've been used. But if I bought online, then that's okay to return...

Not impressed with their data collection at the till. Asking where I live wtf.

Soldato
Mouse wheel broke yesterday, so straight down Curries this morning as I've been wanting a wireless one. Wound up spending nearly £300 as I picked the G915 too. Lovely to type on.

To contradict their returns policy mentioned here, because I bought in store I cannot return these items as they've been used. But if I bought online, then that's okay to return...

RE Data, It's a double edge sword because if you lose the receipt they can look you up.

The returns policy being different online is a joke IMO. Shows they just do the bare minimum to meet the regs rather than consider the Customer experience.

V F

V F

Soldato

Logitech wireless mouse?

Soldato
Full reply
1f642.png
I got fibre laid in my road in June and it's still not active. It's Cityfibre who Vodafone and a few others use.

Soldato

Isn’t that the same with all shops? The online returns policy is due to distance selling regulations.

Soldato
It's great to go and window shop then go online to actually buy something. Wish we had huge stores like in the US that sell isle and isles of computer bits

I used to live near a very large Fry's electronics store and I'd still much prefer to order anything that I'd need from Amazon.

Man of Honour
Even if you only need one cable, run a second at the same time as its far easier to do it then than later again, in case you need a second or there is an issue with the first.

Soldato

get cat6a - cat6 is pretty much old hat now and cat5 is only good for scrap (and dont be fooled by cat7 - its useless)

Back
Top Bottom