How to add Sengled smart bulb to Alexa app

Soldato
Hi.

My other half has been able to successfully add two Sengled smart bulbs to the Alexa app on his phone.

I’m trying to add the same two bulbs to the Alexa app on my phone but the app can’t find them.

Does anyone know how to add these bulbs to my phone too?

Many thanks.

M.

I suspect that these bulbs are running on bluetooth?

My bluetooth headphones can either pair with my laptop or with my phone but not both at the same time. So if I'm at my laptop, the headset will pair with that. If I'm going for a walk, the headset will pair with my phone instead once I'm out of range of my house.

You will have the same issue here. You'll need to un-pair your other half's phone from the bulbs, then they will appear for anyone's taking. Once taken, they'll disappear again for anyone else.

I think it works like this:

Laptop = host device
Phone = host device

Bulb = peripheral
Headphones = peripheral

A host can have multiple peripherals paired with it e.g. headphones + bulb + smart watch + gamepad, but a peripheral can only have 1 host.

Soldato
OP
I suspect that these bulbs are running on bluetooth?

My bluetooth headphones can either pair with my laptop or with my phone but not both at the same time. So if I'm at my laptop, the headset will pair with that. If I'm going for a walk, the headset will pair with my phone instead once I'm out of range of my house.

You will have the same issue here. You'll need to un-pair your other half's phone from the bulbs, then they will appear for anyone's taking. Once taken, they'll disappear again for anyone else.

I think it works like this:

Laptop = host device
Phone = host device

Bulb = peripheral
Headphones = peripheral

A host can have multiple peripherals paired with it e.g. headphones + bulb + smart watch + gamepad, but a peripheral can only have 1 host.

They are both Bluetooth enabled and in the properties of each bulb it says they are both connected to the echo show.

The echo show can control the lights as can the Alexa app signed into my partners account (whether that be on his phone, his iPad or my iPad or my phone).

it’s just my account signed into the Alexa app that can’t control the light bulbs (i can control the echo show via my app, just not the bulbs attached to it).

Back
Top Bottom