How to build a PC by The Verge - Did anyone see this travesty!?

Associate
Im going from an image on Facebook from the Facebook group PC Builders Forum (so it's gotta be true!) which shows The Verges statement. It looks like it's a flagged comment on the YouTube video itself judging by the thumbs up and thumbs down icons. In addition to the video being factually correct, It says something like "we're happy to openly engage with the community across platforms but over the weekend multiple people on our staff have been subject to a wave of attacks, including hundreds of racist attacks on the host of the video".

I'm on my phone so I can't share the image or anything

I've seen mention of racism accusations in another forum related to the takedown of the video so i beleive there is substance to what you are saying. I couldnt find it though, just people commenting on how the verge seemed to be doubling down by attacking the internet.

Soldato
I feel sorry for the presenter. He is clearly not a genuine pc pc builder geek. He might be interested in it, but clearly awful.

He'll be looking for a new role at the verge.

Soldato
It's disturbing to see someone demonstrating something without actually knowing anything about it.

Sure this happens all the time, someone gets a job they have to basically wing but this one is on the internet for everyone to see...

Oh the cringe.

Soldato
The video was very bad and its sad that it got taken down because of "racism" (whether that is because people were being racist or because the Verge felt the need to 'play the race card, both are sad) but that Lyle guy, bloody hell, his style is really grating! I'm entirely indifferent to "YouTube celebrities" in general but he's one for me to especially avoid!

Are you referring to Lyle from Bitwit ?
His real name is Kyle, he did a video one day in this joke style as "Lyle" and all his fans loved it and asked for more.
It isn't something he does often (at least up to now) but it is actually quite funny.

Soldato
Are you referring to Lyle from Bitwit ?
His real name is Kyle, he did a video one day in this joke style as "Lyle" and all his fans loved it and asked for more.
It isn't something he does often (at least up to now) but it is actually quite funny.

I loved ‘Lyle’s’ coverage. Tbh Kyle often grates on me, thought this was hilarious though.

Associate
Hah, wouldn't it be easier to do the video again rather than chase up all the reaction videos? :) so bad.

Fake news or junk news or pseudo-news is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional print and broadcast news media or online social media.

See, fake news PC, disinformation, they are in denial there is anything wrong about the video!

Back
Top Bottom