How to clone hdd to sdd m.2

Associate
Hi all, I brought a m.2 and just curious how you go about cloning it. What kinda programs are yiu using and about the partitioning. I did watch a video on YouTube and he said about if the drive is bigger with nothing on it it will leave a empty partition on it. He said to be careful about deleting it and I was just confused to as why if its empty partition?

Associate
OP
Arconis True Image does it all for you automatically including resizing to use the max size

i did a move from 1Tb drive to 2Tb, without issue at all.
Ok, well I currently have 1tb and got a 1tb m.2 I guess it should be fine then . How long does it normally take I hav only got about 500gb being used at the moment.

Associate
Ok, well I currently have 1tb and got a 1tb m.2 I guess it should be fine then . How long does it normally take I hav only got about 500gb being used at the moment.
Is your source 1Tb a mechanical drive or something ? It might take a while if it is. If it is solid state to solid state then it should be a lot quicker.

Associate
OP
Is your source 1Tb a mechanical drive or something ? It might take a while if it is. If it is solid state to solid state then it should be a lot quicker.

Sorry its a 2tb mechanical drive. So I guess its going to take a while ? Are we talking 4 hours or more? And can you leave it running over night while sleeping or is there buttons you have to press at certain times?

Associate
Sorry its a 2tb mechanical drive. So I guess its going to take a while ? Are we talking 4 hours or more? And can you leave it running over night while sleeping or is there buttons you have to press at certain times?
Yeah depending on how full that mech drive is , it will take a fair few hours. You can leave it overnight if needed.

Back
Top Bottom