How to continually check home broadband is working

Associate
Hi all

Is there any way to set up a system where by I get told/warned every time my home broadband is playing up or not working correctly?

Like Pingdom emails me every time my work website goes down even for a second. Can you set up something similar for home broadband?

I use my Virgin Fibre for CCTV, Sky On Demand and a bunch of other things. Sometimes On Demand does not load or says there is an internet connection issue. Although I can't notice any problems with general internet browsing, Facebook, google use etc.

So I log or warning if internet goes down or doesn't work right, even if its only for a few seconds, would allow me to rule out any issue with my Sky/CCTV hardware.

maj

maj

Soldato
You could do it with a powershell script on a scheduled task. Ping's your router and saves it to a log file or there may be a way for it to email you a notification if no response from the ping. You may find similar scripts that ping computers rather than IP addresses online so it should be fairly straight forward to amend for your needs.

Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom