How to protect your home and your self from hostiles. Offiicial thread!!!

The more threads and posts created by Arek I read the more I actually start to like him.

Arek you are an actuall full blown nutter, I can't work out if this is just a very very elaborate troll or if you genuinely have a disability/mental health issues, I genuinely hope you keep up the good form though.

Where do you get the ideas for your topics and replies? You have a fascinating imagination, perhaps you should become an author.

We live in a world of many dangerous people.?

I'm Late to the thread, but do we?
I don't live in the best area and still feel safe.

Lock on door, job done.

*touches wood*

The risk is low and if hey are determine alarms are ignored and you can't stop people, you can only deter opportunist theifs.

He was not using 20mm sniper featured earlier. That is more powerful as some gun connoisseurs have pointed.

You do know it's not a 20mm laser? You are looking at a 4.5-ish second bullet flight time for a high velocity bullet. How far do you think you can move in 4.5 seconds, other interesting factors at that range include the rotation of the earth...

Mesh what you trying to say.

He's pointing out that this is the real world, not some B-movie or video game where you line up your crosshairs with a target, pull the trigger, and get a kill. In the real world we are subject to this thing known as "physics".

The physics of putting a chunk of metal into even a stationary target that's 3 miles away are ridiculously complex. The "power of the gun" is the least of the factors. Just because it can launch the projectile to that distance doesn't mean it's even remotely possible to do so with any semblance of accuracy.

...For example, even the tiniest variation in windspeed during the ~5-second travel time of the bullet will adjust its course significantly, and since air-turbulence is inherently chaotic this is not something you can possibly account for. In short, even two identical bullets, fired one after the other from the same gun, on an identical trajectory (which is, again, impossible to achieve in practice) would not hit the same location.

On top this you need to account for the rise and fall of the bullet during its travel (bullets don't travel "in a straight line" no matter how fast they are ejected from the barrel of a gun), the curvature and rotation of the earth, and local atmospheric conditions (temperature, humidity etc). Oh, and the small matter of your target moving during the 5 seconds that the bullet is in flight.

But whatever. Carry on living in your "Call of Duty" fantasy-land where you just pick up a massive gun, aim it at your target, and get a 3-mile kill. It's clear to anyone with even a basic understanding of physics that you know nothing about sniping, or the use of guns in the real world.

BOOM HEADSHOT! :rolleyes:

I always take bullet flight advice from people on the internet, god bless you all you're the true soldiers. :rolleyes:

It's down to the physics of projectiles and fluid dynamics, rather than being "a true soldier". And yes, it's possible to be an expert in that field, even though you have never fired a gun. And we do have a few on these forums.

...Werner Von-Braun wasn't an astronaut you know.

I always take bullet flight advice from people on the internet, god bless you all you're the true soldiers. :rolleyes:
Arek is talking about guns, we were just pointing out the physics :)

It does not matter if it's a bullet or a bus, anything propelled through the air without power will follow a ballistic trajectory.

Easiest way to picture it is, fire a bullet from a level gun and drop one at the same from the same height they will both hit the ground exactly at the same time despite the forward momentum of the fired bullet. I'm not a soldier but it is common sense that being able to hit a moving target from 3 miles away is next to impossible. What were you getting at?

Atlas F missile base

why not going the full mile and do not compromise!!!!...you can't feel safer!!!!.... considering that it is a snip now:D!!! Reduced from $4.6M to $750K, can withstand a direct hit by a Nuclear missile (ish) and you are in a good position to survive in the unlikely case of a worldwide zombie epidemics.
Optional extras are the airstrip/runway and plenty of land.

http://www.missilebases.com/adironback

As the advert says:
Adirondack Mountains, NY. 19 acres (or more). This is the most highly developed Atlas F site available today, and it is part of an exclusive airport subdivision on a (FAA approved) 2050' runway. (It is fully accessable by road too). It has beautiful manicured grounds in a forest setting within the Adirondack State Park. Breathtaking mountain views surround this lovely, secure home. It has a 2000 sq. ft., home on the surface with an open floor plan, a large garage and a wrap around porch which hides the underground structure entryway. The underground structure has been converted to a 2300 sq. ft. 2-story (3 bedroom, 2 bath) luxury home with fiber optic lighting and a contemporary finished interior. The silo tube has all floors, spiral stairs and steel super-structure. It includes a generator and new well. Low taxes. Privacy, security and unlimited possibilities. No other like it anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom