How to set 144Hz Refresh Rate in Windows 10?

Soldato
Got a 144Hz monitor (in sig), enabled FreeSync on the monitor and in gpu settings but there is massive tearing in cs:go (at a steady 143 FPS). Windows Monitor Settings were at 60Hz for some reason but even when I change them manually it only goes up to 120Hz in Windows - it does not even have the option for 144.

I updated the monitor drivers, and windows does recognise the monitor type: CHG7_C27HG7xQQ (DP) - on DisplayPort, but still no option for 144Hz in Windows. Google says edit 'Advanced Display Settings' in Windows 10 but my Windows 10 does not have an Advanced Display Settings! It's not there at the bottom of the page where it is on the videos! Maybe this is more of a Windows problem?

Anyone know what's going on here? Why does windows not even show the option for 144Hz? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.

Associate
Right click desktop, Display Settings, scroll down, Advanced Display Settings or Display Adapter Properties, Monitor tab, select 144hz.

Soldato
OP
That's the problem, there is no 144Hz option there in Windows! Windows options for Screen refresh rate are:

60 Hertz
100 Hertz
120 Hertz

OCUK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom