1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set up dual monitors?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by garnett, Mar 2, 2018.

1. garnett

Mobster

Looking for some basic guidance on multiple monitors.

Ive got a 1070 graphics card and when I'm (rarely) gaming I'd like it to be maximising output to the main monitor, but when I'm doing everything else I'd like its capabilities to be spread across powering all the screens.

Is there some way to easily (or even automatically) toggle between these requirements - I don't know if it's possible, but could the solution be based on which screens are actually turned on?

2. StarShock

Wise Guy

um... If I'm following you correctly that is the default way it works. If you go into the display settings you can pick which you want to be the main monitor and arrange them. Then in games it should just output to the main monitor.

3. foster grant

Soldato

^ This.

but in some games it might let you choose which monitor ( monitor 1 or monitor 2 ) to run your games/s on

4. garnett

Mobster

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the basic questions...

What displays on the secondary monitors when you run a game then? - Thanks for the help, because my questions are are so basic I'm having trouble knowing what to Google!

5. StarShock

Wise Guy

Desk top usually and what ever you put on said desktop.

6. Habakkuk

Wise Guy

Check the game's options - you can sometimes choose which monitor(s) and resolutions you can play with.

If not, you'll have to use your graphics card manufacturer's console to set a preferred monitor.