• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to show off a 3090 at 4K

Associate
You should turn RTX on & DLSS off on Control and see how well the 3090 does : p haha.

For real though there's plenty of nice looking games, Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition comes to mind.

Soldato
Very few games look realistic as in real life so doubt u can really, most games look er gamey, just effects and stuff really even cyberpunk. Yes they tax the system but dont look good enough for it tbh. RT doesnt really add much. Benchmarks look the best imo some of em.

Soldato
Take the side off your case and just point and nod at it.

:D

@OP well I'd probably go by game engine Cryengine, used in Farcry games. AnvilNext 2.0 for the ghost recon games can look quite good. Certain publishers like Ubisoft, square enix.

The thing with 4k is that many game options are there to enhance the most common resolution which is 1080p - these settings you can turn off or lower @ 4k such as anti-aliasing.

Death Stranding looks quite good even using DLSS.

Best thing is to get your fps to average at or close to the refresh rate of your monitor, and with VRR even better with frames less than to smooth them out. DLSS helps and some games do it really well. A high hz monitor helps with panning smoothness. If a game is really tough to run as it isn't that well optimized, then go through your settings lowering some down from ultra to bring your fps up closer to refresh rate of monitor.

GAmes on the ARMA engine such as insurgency sandstorm, PUBG or Squad will run at 4k at ultra and this engine I set a fram limiter to 119fps on my 120hz monitor.

High HZ monitors with a wide VRR range in themselves are key to displaying a high res image in a game.

I'd go Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Farcry 5, Death Stranding as they are outdoor natural environments and the game engines do a great job with lighting. MS flight simulator

Last edited:
Soldato
:D

@OP well I'd probably go by game engine Cryengine, used in Farcry games. AnvilNext 2.0 for the ghost recon games can look quite good. Certain publishers like Ubisoft, square enix.

The thing with 4k is that many game options are there to enhance the most common resolution which is 1080p - these settings you can turn off or lower @ 4k such as anti-aliasing.

Death Stranding looks quite good even using DLSS.

Best thing is to get your fps to average at or close to the refresh rate of your monitor, and with VRR even better with frames less than to smooth them out. DLSS helps and some games do it really well. A high hz monitor helps with panning smoothness. If a game is really tough to run as it isn't that well optimized, then go through your settings lowering some down from ultra to bring your fps up closer to refresh rate of monitor.

GAmes on the ARMA engine such as insurgency sandstorm, PUBG or Squad will run at 4k at ultra and this engine I set a fram limiter to 119fps on my 120hz monitor.

High HZ monitors with a wide VRR range in themselves are key to displaying a high res image in a game.

I'd go Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Farcry 5, Death Stranding as they are outdoor natural environments and the game engines do a great job with lighting.

And the icing on the cake would be OLED

Associate
Cyberpunk cranked up with RT on looks great, more so at night and with rain going on.
This...
Best looking game I have played to date.
Metro Exodus Enhanced is decent too, but I just find Night City at night in the rain a far more 'wow' experience.

Back
Top Bottom