How to stop internet access on 1 pc

Soldato
At work we have an SBS server linked to the internet via a sonicwall router.

Anyone know how I can stop 1 computer on the network accessing the internet (or anything bar 1 piece of software for that matter)

Soldato
At work we have an SBS server linked to the internet via a sonicwall router.

Anyone know how I can stop 1 computer on the network accessing the internet (or anything bar 1 piece of software for that matter)

I would have thought you could specify a special rule within the router itself.

If not...

1. Hosts File
2. Software firewall on the PC itself, just give the program you need to give net access an exception

Soldato
OP
OK, I changed the DNS servers to 111.111.111.111 that stopped the internet working easy enough.

Second problem - I need to completely lock down the PC as in only one piece of software will work via a shortcut on the desktop, is there an easy way of doing this?

Soldato
If you're running a domain on the SBS network you're using don't forget DNS is important so I wouldnt recommend just turning it off on the machine!

Man of Honour
Second problem - I need to completely lock down the PC as in only one piece of software will work via a shortcut on the desktop, is there an easy way of doing this?

Windows SteadyState.

If you're running a domain on the SBS network you're using don't forget DNS is important so I wouldnt recommend just turning it off on the machine!

Agreed. This could create a lot of issues.

Back
Top Bottom