How to tell a friend we no longer can be friends?

Soldato
Women act like that with girlfriends when they're jealous. If you and your girlfriend have broken up though it'll probably not work anyway long term. I know loads of women are don't love their long time partners, lots of the time it's just convenience or they don't have the balls to break up with them.

Associate
OP
Women act like that with girlfriends when they're jealous. If you and your girlfriend have broken up though it'll probably not work anyway long term. I know loads of women are don't love their long time partners, lots of the time it's just convenience or they don't have the balls to break up with them.

I walked out after a heated argument and it was officially over. She moved on with her life and didn't want to see me it was actually me who realised what I lost and tried to fix the relationship.

Caporegime
I have nothing to add, but I am so glad I don't have any of this sort of drama in my life!
I got 99,999,999 problems but women won't come anywhere near me so they ain't one :p

Thug Bachelor Basement life innit.

OP should disregard everything I've said as the incontinent ravings of a man who sleeps with an anime pillow.

But good luck to him anyhow. Wouldn't want to swap ;)

Caporegime
I've known this female friend for around 10+ years. She is female and we were pretty close in terms of how open we were to discussions about everything, including sex life.

This is the best opening line of an unwritten novel I've ever read :swoon:

To answer your question, or perhaps give you food for thought, are either you, this female, or your girlfriend top revenue earners?

Caporegime
Cal her up.

“Where there was nature and earth, life and water, I saw a desert landscape that was unending, resembling some sort of crater, so devoid of reason and light and spirit that the mind could not grasp it on any sort of conscious level and if you came close the mind would reel backward, unable to take it in. It was a vision so clear and real and vital to me that in its purity it was almost abstract. This was what I could understand, this was how I lived my life, what I constructed my movement around, how I dealt with the tangible. This was the geography around which my reality revolved: it did not occur to me, ever, that people were good or that a man was capable of change or that the world could be a better place through one’s own taking pleasure in a feeling or a look or a gesture, of receiving another person’s love or kindness. Nothing was affirmative, the term “generosity of spirit” applied to nothing, was a cliche, was some kind of bad joke. Sex is mathematics. Individuality no longer an issue. What does intelligence signify? Define reason. Desire- meaningless. Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief, were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore. Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence. God is not alive. Love cannot be trusted. Surface, surface, surface, was all that anyone found meaning in…this was civilization as I saw it, colossal and jagged…”

That should do it.

Caporegime
Sounds like you are made for her tbh. Both of you sound like you are bat **** crazy. You should dump your girlfriend and marry her.

Seriously if you cannot bring yourself to tell her and are asking strangers for advice it's basically admitting you love her. She's minted now anyway so let us know what colour lambo you will be buying

Soldato
You do what I did when my mates missus was spreading rumours amongst our friends that I had cheated on my wife while she was pregnant and he didn't put her right.

"Hi X, I've heard what's been said about me while Y was pregnant. We can't be friends anymore because your wife is a bat **** crazy attention seeking **** bag who's not only stopped you seeing your own family she's now getting rid of your friends. I feel sorry for you I really do!"

Harsh and to the point, burn that bridge.

Yes, it may be coming from your girlfriend more than you buy why would you want to be friends with an STD infected heartless gold digging hoe bag anyway?

Soldato
You clearly like your friend... Id go as far as you might actually be in love with her. You spent two years not talking to her... Why would doing that again be an issue?

Caporegime
I value a friend of a decade far more than somebody who sounds jealous & untrusting of you to be frank!

If she’s your friend, then don’t say anything if she isn’t, then just tell her outright that you don’t want to be any longer.

Only if your quite sure things are going to work out with the GF which tbh doesn’t sound likely to me from what you’ve said.

Back
Top Bottom