1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How will Brexit affect you and your family personally?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evole, Jun 28, 2016.

1. deuse

Capodecina

You should always plan for the worst and hope for the best.
    I forgot to mention I'm in a electric wheel chair now. It can do a 50 mile radius\16 mph :eek: and takes 3 hours to charge.

2. [SKR]Phoenix

Wise Guy

Which make and model is that?

3. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

Our current infrastructure/public services requires tax from economic migrants. If you want to reduce immigration, then public services need some sort of reform to keep the same level of service.

Migrants come here to work and usually are single and young, meaning that they are of minimal cost. They have a higher employment rate and fill many job gaps in a number of industries. They have been educated cutesy of their home country and usually leave before they settle down.

If you restrictions of legal migration, you will stop some but many others will just choose to illegally migrate and work cash in hand jobs which wont pay for any public service, like many of the migrants from out of the EU who hop on a plane for a holiday here and dont seem to catch the flight back.

4. platypus

Caporegime

Whilst tongue in cheek, words of wisdom is still being too generous.

Anyone who thinks a British exit isn't going to affect them in the slightest is trolling. Stupid and trolling.

5. Radox-0

Mobster

Mum and Dad, will not be affected massively I expect except various stock portfolios to be hit somewhat as expected.

Myself. PHD was finished recently, got a lot of funding from the EU for research as part of it. However do have plenty of other friends and colleagues still doing there's and some faculties do get a lot of research money from the EU so they will be affected pretty heavily I expect. No way the government will have enough to step in after all this. For job, I think its tentative, consultancy role to Civil Service, so if they make cuts then well that would suck.

Brother works for investment banking division of a German Bank. See how it pans out, but he would not be surprised to see his role move to Frankfurt.

6. Psypher5

Sgarrista

I might be able to buy a house, support my family etc etc. So things are looking up for me :)

7. h4rm0ny

Soldato

I will actually be better off in the immediate future as I have a large client in the US who pays in dollars. Didn't stop me being firmly in the Remain camp though. I'm concerned for both my friends from abroad and those of my friends on lower incomes who will be hardest hit by further austerity measures if the economy worsens further which I think it will.

Personally I may also be affected if house prices fall but I hope only in the sense that I'll have less 'on paper' rather than actually lose my home. But that's a hypothetical (though quite possible) one at the moment.

8. The Mad Rapper

Banned

Why can't you do that now?

9. The Mad Rapper

Banned

And just to balance that, all of the melodrama, World is going to end BS needs to stop as well. None of us have a clue, so lets just wait and see.

10. deuse

Capodecina

It's a Puma 40 with a 72 LifePO4 Cell 12AH batteries mod :)

11. deuse

Capodecina

Hear Hear.

12. Avenged7Fold

Capodecina

Nothing to do with doom and gloom stuff. Deuse made a statement that leaving the eu wont affect his family or himself at all, yet is one of the most vocal out voters.

Thought it was completely fair to ask him why he bothered if it has no effect

13. The Mad Rapper

Banned

Agreed, but I wasn't referring to that. More this general sense of negativity.

14. deuse

Capodecina

Because staying in would affect me and my family in the years to come.
    We don't want the UK to become a super state where someone I don't know makes all the rules for us.

15. sanaxe1

Soldato

I'm saving up to move to Ireland and buy a house and land outright in 3 years time. I'm hoping that the UK and ireland still have some sort of agreement once we leave the EU. if not then :(

16. platypus

Caporegime

Absolutely - I've never said that the world is going to end :). In fact I think I've been one of the most balanced; my dialogue has always been the UK would be quite able post-EU (just obviously I feel it's better in).

17. platypus

Caporegime

As the person above asked, why can't you do that now, and what makes you think this will change with an EU exit?

18. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Nobody knows until we see what is negotiated after HMG invokes Article 50.

19. DampCat

Capodecina

Why do you say this? I don't disagree, I was just under the impression that nobody knows what is going to happen.

I'm sad, but I'm not scared. We'll probably get through it.

20. Freefaller

Man of Honour

That's a laudable sentiment, so presumably you're after the abolition of the house of lords then?