How will Brexit affect you and your family personally?

Soldato
Please elaborate.

If your argument is that we need immigrants because of an ageing population, it seems like you're arguing for an immigration pyramid scheme.

Our current infrastructure/public services requires tax from economic migrants. If you want to reduce immigration, then public services need some sort of reform to keep the same level of service.

Migrants come here to work and usually are single and young, meaning that they are of minimal cost. They have a higher employment rate and fill many job gaps in a number of industries. They have been educated cutesy of their home country and usually leave before they settle down.

If you restrictions of legal migration, you will stop some but many others will just choose to illegally migrate and work cash in hand jobs which wont pay for any public service, like many of the migrants from out of the EU who hop on a plane for a holiday here and dont seem to catch the flight back.

Caporegime
[FnG]magnolia;29717183 said:
When the person you're responding to has in the past voted for the BNP and documented that on this forum, don't be surprised too much by any words of wisdom they have to add on the Brexit outcome.

Whilst tongue in cheek, words of wisdom is still being too generous.

Anyone who thinks a British exit isn't going to affect them in the slightest is trolling. Stupid and trolling.

Soldato
Mum and Dad, will not be affected massively I expect except various stock portfolios to be hit somewhat as expected.

Myself. PHD was finished recently, got a lot of funding from the EU for research as part of it. However do have plenty of other friends and colleagues still doing there's and some faculties do get a lot of research money from the EU so they will be affected pretty heavily I expect. No way the government will have enough to step in after all this. For job, I think its tentative, consultancy role to Civil Service, so if they make cuts then well that would suck.

Brother works for investment banking division of a German Bank. See how it pans out, but he would not be surprised to see his role move to Frankfurt.

Soldato
I will actually be better off in the immediate future as I have a large client in the US who pays in dollars. Didn't stop me being firmly in the Remain camp though. I'm concerned for both my friends from abroad and those of my friends on lower incomes who will be hardest hit by further austerity measures if the economy worsens further which I think it will.

Personally I may also be affected if house prices fall but I hope only in the sense that I'll have less 'on paper' rather than actually lose my home. But that's a hypothetical (though quite possible) one at the moment.

Suspended

Anyone who thinks a British exit isn't going to affect them in the slightest is trolling. Stupid and trolling.

And just to balance that, all of the melodrama, World is going to end BS needs to stop as well. None of us have a clue, so lets just wait and see.

Soldato
And just to balance that, all of the melodrama, World is going to end BS needs to stop as well. None of us have a clue, so lets just wait and see.

Nothing to do with doom and gloom stuff. Deuse made a statement that leaving the eu wont affect his family or himself at all, yet is one of the most vocal out voters.

Thought it was completely fair to ask him why he bothered if it has no effect

Soldato
Nothing to do with doom and gloom stuff. Deuse made a statement that leaving the eu wont affect his family or himself at all, yet is one of the most vocal out voters.

Thought it was completely fair to ask him why he bothered if it has no effect

Because staying in would affect me and my family in the years to come.
We don't want the UK to become a super state where someone I don't know makes all the rules for us.

Soldato
I'm saving up to move to Ireland and buy a house and land outright in 3 years time. I'm hoping that the UK and ireland still have some sort of agreement once we leave the EU. if not then :(

Caporegime

Absolutely - I've never said that the world is going to end :). In fact I think I've been one of the most balanced; my dialogue has always been the UK would be quite able post-EU (just obviously I feel it's better in).

Soldato

Why do you say this? I don't disagree, I was just under the impression that nobody knows what is going to happen.

I'm sad, but I'm not scared. We'll probably get through it.

Caporegime
That's a laudable sentiment, so presumably you're after the abolition of the house of lords then?

I would be - it is about time it had some reform and we certainly don't need so many of them.

A decent portion of them are just avid networkers, a friend of mine had to sack one of them as a non-exec director not so long ago after it became very apparent that this particular Lord was all talk and actually had no clue and added no value to the board despite his public facade.

Back
Top Bottom