How would pay per mile car tax work?

Soldato
Id imagine the government will force it upon car manufacturers as a requirement for an item such as the black box you mentioned to be fitted as standard to be able to be sold in the UK.

Personally, i think its a stupid idea, and i don't even drive,
What about those that live in more rural areas so have no choice BUT to drive their kids to school,Drive to work etc.

Soldato
GPS tracker, which everyone immediately un-plugs or wraps in tin foil. Except at MOT time :p

It would be impossible to enforce because it relies on something being in the car, which you can easily hack. They can't put ANPR on every single road.

Soldato
Fuel would be the easiest and simplest way to manage it. An extra 10p a litre would cover it, they'd actually make more than they currently do if they did that.

Soldato
New EVs have a huge carbon footprint. Maybe they should put it on that.

The whole point in this is to claw back lost tax money from people switching to EVs, so they are not going to escape tax in future.

Caporegime
Ask New Zealand, they already do this.

They tried it in South Africa too, where you pay to use the motorways. Installed fancy cameras and all, then people protested and didn't pay, so they issued fines, which remain unpaid to this day. The amount outstanding is in the billions of rands but not a single citizen is paying. Even companies have told the gov to jack it in, I think the only people who pay it are car hire firms :D

Soldato
They tried it in South Africa too, where you pay to use the motorways. Installed fancy cameras and all, then people protested and didn't pay, so they issued fines, which remain unpaid to this day. The amount outstanding is in the billions of rands but not a single citizen is paying. Even companies have told the gov to jack it in, I think the only people who pay it are car hire firms :D

If only people were like that here the councils wouldn't be able to take the **** so much :/

Driving on the road isn't supposed to be fun, that's what track days are for.

What's the point in living if it isn't fun.

Track days are really expensive once you have paid for everything.

Soldato
GPS tracker, which everyone immediately un-plugs or wraps in tin foil. Except at MOT time :p

It would be impossible to enforce because it relies on something being in the car, which you can easily hack. They can't put ANPR on every single road.

Nasher when electricity meters were introduced... "Meter, which everybody immediately bypasses. Except when the electricity company comes round."

Thankfully most of the population doesn't think like you.

Back
Top Bottom