How would you fix the economy?

Soldato
Following on from the budget thread, if you were the Chancellor, how would you fix the economy? Lay out your budget below!

I would:

Return VAT to 17.5% to try and boost consumer spending.
Offer incentives to the construction sector to build affordable new homes in order to create jobs and increase the supply of houses available to first time buyers, instead of subsidising people with additional credit they can't actually afford for houses that are a rip off anyway.
Add an extra runway at Heathrow and reduce Air Passenger Duty instead of continually weakening the UK's position as a key hub in the airport network.

Soldato
Stop all benefits to those who have claimed for 3+ years
Child benefits = massive penalisation for more kids if you cannot afford them
If you have no income you will want to get work, be it paid or voluntary so you can sleep somewhere
Much harsher sentencing terms with prisons that NO-ONE wants to go to - Crime = very harsh punishment. Cut and dry cases like caught stealing = loss of fingers etc
Stop all immigration
Ban all 'Pay day loans' 'loans for you' type businesses

Soldato
Start plans to leave the EU
Tax cannabis similar to tobacco
Fund Skylon
Build a new international airport in the Midlands, with a rail connection to the Birmingham HS2 hub, with one strengthened runway for skylon
Additional Tax breaks and incentives for tidal and oceanic power
More nuclear, aiming specifically at smaller nuclear sites which can be built quicker
Implement a negative income tax system to replace PAYE and job seekers/income support, removing national insurance

Increase inheritance tax
Flat tax for most/all other taxes such as capital gains

Soldato
just like every other ocuk budget thread:

get rid of everything that doesn't directly benefit me
increase everything that does directly benefit me

:rolleyes:

so get rid of benefits / nhs / bbc /governenet / queen / poor people
buy me a jetski big house and an aston martin

Soldato
Introduce an Australian skilled peoples type immigration system, no skills, no entry!
Cut Child Benefit so it only applies to the first child, cut maternity grants so it only applies to the first child
Introduce a 15% VAT rate and slash tax by 20% on Petrol, Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Reduce University tuition fees by 30% across the board.

Give a referendum to the people on EU Membership, Remove our country from the EU when said results come back. Stop wasting money on the biggest white elephant this country has ever seen!.

Invest £10 Billion into developing off shore tidal wave farms & plants as an alternative form of electric production.

Can't think of much else for the time being lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;23990724 said:
It's telling that this is is in GD and not SC and is of course utter nonsense of the highest order.

Even if this was in SC you'd still get 99% of people going

BENEFITS EVIL

or

BANKING EVIL

depending on what side of the fence they sit.

Just ignore them.

Soldato
OP
Introduce an Australian skilled peoples type immigration system, no skills, no entry!
Cut Child Benefit so it only applies to the first child, cut maternity grants so it only applies to the first child
Introduce a 15% VAT rate and slash tax by 20% on Petrol, Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Reduce University tuition fees by 30% across the board.

Give a referendum to the people on EU Membership, Remove our country from the EU when said results come back. Stop wasting money on the biggest white elephant this country has ever seen!.

Invest £10 Billion into developing off shore tidal wave farms, plants as an alternative form of electric production.

Can't think of much else for the time being lol.

So you've just massively increased the deficit for little or no benefit - hi there Gordon! :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
just like every other ocuk budget thread:

get rid of everything that doesn't directly benefit me
increase everything that does directly benefit me

:rolleyes:

so get rid of benefits / nhs / bbc /governenet / queen / poor people
buy me a jetski big house and an aston martin

:p

Me I'd just slaughter the 10 or 20 million people who are the richest & put there money in my bank account.
As for the country I'd order the population to buy UK goods or they'd die as well.
Immigrants would have to pay 15k for every year they work here.
Anybody shorter than me would have to pay a I'm to small tax.
Anybody taller than me would have to pay a I'm to tall tax.
Price of petrol would go up to 2 quid a litre for All cars except MX5 Mk1's Who'd get Free petrol for being so ******* awesome.

I would also kill anybody that didn't agree & support my proposals Before During or After my Reign. :D

Soldato
So you've just massively increased the deficit for little or no benefit - hi there Gordon! :D

How so?

Lower pricing means people will buy and spend more, More money in the economy.

Less money being handed out to wasters and scum that don't deserve it, lower cost of living in general while maintaining a better standard of living.
People are happier, less stressed, happy workers make for more productive workers, People see workers in this country so happy and think, mhmmm I want to work here, more workers, more jobs, more money for those who deserve it?

How would it increase the deficit?

Back
Top Bottom