How would you fix the economy?

Associate
people who say cut benefits really have not go a clue and are as bad as the current government.

What about the people who rely on some sort of benefit to top up the wages as they are on low wage jobs ?

what about x forces or disable people who rely on it to survive ?

what about the NHS as its still part of welfare ? etc etc.

the people who think cutting the benefits of those people must be blind, not care, or got too much money to give a **** and go private for all the needs.

Cutting taxes is where it is needed most as all our taxes go to the goverment and they choose how to spend our taxes and pay there own wages.

basically we employ the government to do what the hell they like with our taxes.

Soldato
The main step. I'd limit JSA to 12 months. Sorry but the only reason to be unemployed for 12 months is that you're either not willing to work atall, or you're not willing to lower yourself to certain jobs.

You deserve no benefits if its either of those.

And the amount of pay out to the scrounger must be making a dint in the available budget. Those pennies could be spent elsewhere

NHS needs to stay as it is. a lot of people attack it, I personally think its something this country should be proud of.

Soldato
Incentives for small manufacturer companies to try and bring back jobs for low to mid skilled workers?
Disincentives for large companies who buyout other companies and then close down production in the UK?

Last edited:
Soldato
Re-balance the tax system so people paid over 45k aren't paying 40% tax. I would adjust it to 20% and make people on 70K pay 40% and the rich pay 50%.

I would then try and find something we could manufacture and generate an industry for it.

I would make the benefits system not unlimited - so you couldn't spend your life living on it, but I would ensure people were helped getting back to work through training/apprenticeships and increase the minimum wage to make it so that you can't earn more living on benefits than working.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get rid of Child Benefit and with the £12bn saving cut corporation tax to 10% really incentivise businesses to come and be based here. Has the added benefits that it helps jobs and makes it less likely that companies will hide profits.

Caporegime
Let the banks collapse and allow the economy to properly heal itself of their unproductiveness, instead of indebting the tax payer for centuries to come to keep them on perpetual life support.

Caporegime
I'd start by changing child benefit so it's only for the first 1-2 kids from a set date, any child born before that date would get it regardless of how many children a family has.

eventually it would be a fairly large saving considering I know a lot of the parents at my childs school have 3-5+ kids and neither of the parents work.
Whilst we need a growing population we cant afford to have people claiming child benefit for a ridiculous amount of children and popping out kids knowing the goverment will cover the costs.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;23990821 said:
Does anyone else ever read threads and think that they're in on the joke before realising that the posts they are reading are genuine?

Economics is a great subject to post about, particularly when you don't understand it in any meaningful way.

[FnG]magnolia;23990724 said:
It's telling that this is is in GD and not SC and is of course utter nonsense of the highest order.

[FnG]magnolia;23990759 said:
IF THAT EVEN EXISTS

~YOUTUBE VIDEO ~

Why do you bother posting in threads, you offer nothing to most of them, it's just inane nonsense like above.
If someone doesn't respond to your post, you post again.

(Yes I know I've replied to your posts but this is for a point)

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Child Benefit for first Child only.
Tax Credit for anyone who is earning less then 20k per year anything above will get sod all.
Cigs up by £1.50
All Alcohol will go up by by 65% Minimum. Maybe more.
Reduce Fuel price
Reduce the VAT to 15%
Stop Immigration...!
no NHS reform. Should be happy that we have a excellent NHS. Something to be proud off.
Tax the Rich more.

I'll think off more when i got more free time

Associate
"How dare poor people watch Sky TV"

just watched some video of a interview of a women that gets something like £75 a week who has a drink, smokes, and watches sky tv, but the person interviewing her said but people on minimum wage cant afford those things but how can this be when even though they are on minimum wage they still get more than or equal to her every week even after rent/tax ?

now i know some will say travelling expenses but the government would say what's wrong with walking a bike public transport etc ?

even people working on low wage can get help with travelling expenses.

just seems to me every 1 is after a scape goat for the current economy and the poor/needy are the easy answer as it has all ways been through history.

this is bearing in mind all the unemployed people who just abuse the system are not counted.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Get rid of Westminster, Whitehall the Treasury and the Tories by becoming an independent nation better able to match its people to its resources.

Well, that's the hope anyway. ;)

Hope is but the first step on the road to disappointment... :D

Associate
Rather than spend 130 billion subsidising mortgage spend the money building housing and improving the transport links. This will lower house prices allowing people to afford their own homes and create lots of jobs.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;23990821 said:
Does anyone else ever read threads and think that they're in on the joke before realising that the posts they are reading are genuine?

Economics is a great subject to post about, particularly when you don't understand it in any meaningful way.

tumblrldy73eluhk1qbirvo.png

I'm telling you now, you could cut the whole Welfare bill and I bet you'd hardly notice any difference to your life, in fact it would probably be worse due to increases in crime rate and formation of slums etc, people really have bought into the whole "blame everything on the benefit claimants" rhetoric.

We're not in this recession because of benefit claimants, remember that people.

Personally I think we need to look at the housing sector and try to create an environment where it doesn't feel essential to own your own home, we need to take some cues from the German housing market and how they legislate the rental market other there.

We need to bring down the cost of living and give people more disposable income and targeting rental and mortgage costs is key here I believe. I think the conservatives have completely destroyed consumer confidence, they got elected by convincing the country how poor we are and now people are scared to spend money and I don't see that changing anytime soon, just changing their attitude could help, but stop telling everyone how poor they are and how "people that have their blinds closed in the morning" are stealing your money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom