How Would You/Will You Spend Christmas Day Alone?

Caporegime
@Psycho Sonny did you see my edit? I admitted the rules were unclear [to me, at least, but it took quite a bit of digging to find that link]. I see your point and clarified my own opinion and the official one in the link/edit.

I was simply pointing out that the rules seemed stupid but your edit looks much better now.

Saying people can go over but not stay the night is illogical. If your going to mingle then it doesn't matter if it's for 3 hours or 3 years in my eyes. Direct contact is direct contact regardless of how long.

I've never got too hung up on the rules but use the science of how it spreads and logic to dictate what I deem is okay. The rules were always in place for the idiots who don't understand how the virus works or are ignorant as to why we need to keep it under wraps.

If you are taking appropriate precautions and keeping to your own household as much as possible then visiting direct immediate family is okay in my eyes.

I've not seen my friends bar zoom in over 9 months. I know others who actively go to the pub and try and mingle as much as possible with anyone. There will also be people in the middle too.

I never got the whole Dominic Cummings saga either. Yes traveling wasn't allowed but he went in his own car. So long as he wasn't stopping to mingle every 5 mins along the way then I don't care if his parents stayed 5 seconds away or 5 hours away. You can fill up with petrol safely and securely.

Then he visited a castle which was a vast open area and nobody else was around. I don't see an issue there. Yet the same people who were up in arms are now the ones who are filling up shops trying to get their hands on tat to give each other at Christmas.

If Cummings was actively mingling along his journey then I see a problem. Otherwise I have no problems with what he did even though technically it was against the rules.

People just need to use common sense and minimise needless contact with people who they have no real need to see.

Caporegime
Fortunately we are in tier 2 but still keeping things small this year. Just me, parents, and my Nan.

My other Grandparents, Aunt, etc are having their own seperate Christmas. Its going to be strange.

If I had to spend it all by myself though I'd just eat, drink, and be merry sat in front of my computer watching Twitch streams. :p

Soldato
It's just another day. You don't have to do anything special. Normally I'm going out for an off road motorcycle ride then eating some Chinese food.

Last year I was alone in the middle of the Atlantic so had to make my own Chinese food. This year I'll probably be getting annoyed about head on winds and 2m waves.

Caporegime
It's just another day. You don't have to do anything special. Normally I'm going out for an off road motorcycle ride then eating some Chinese food.

Last year I was alone in the middle of the Atlantic so had to make my own Chinese food. This year I'll probably be getting annoyed about head on winds and 2m waves.

I'd be willing to wager anyone who tends to eat Chinese food every year on Christmas Day alone isn't really a huge fan of Christmas and yeah to them it's just another day but others do put a lot of effort into it.

I know people who literally don't cook anything all year but on Christmas day they will stuff a turkey.

Caporegime
I'd be willing to wager anyone who tends to eat Chinese food every year on Christmas Day alone isn't really a huge fan of Christmas and yeah to them it's just another day but others do put a lot of effort into it.

I know people who literally don't cook anything all year but on Christmas day they will stuff a turkey.

I think its a shame to not at least go to some effort :)

I like Christmas to feel Christmassy, even if the magic is no longer there now I'm a big grown boy.

Soldato
Was going to be on my own but my ex is staying Afew days, will still be a long group video call to my grown up kids (teir 4) and maybe a walk on beach or up rough tor, would surf but showing a small. Wind swell probably not worth it,

Soldato
That is a visit, it is not the same as an overnight stay.

To be fair, it is very unclear, but it seems that people from tier 4 are allowed to visit another tier in their support bubble, but not stay overnight. Pretty much everything says that tier 4 residents do not stay overnight anywhere.

Everywhere it just says this:

There is nothing I have seen that says tier 4 residents can stay overnight if they're in a support bubble.

EDIT: found it:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home#protecting-people-more-at-risk-from-coronavirus

It spite of this, it's still up to the individual to make a decision on what they think is best based on their own circumstances.

Hah, tell that to the millions who evacuated London on Saturday evening.

I haz 4090!
Don
This is all very confusing. Could someone tell me if I could form a support bubble with just my parents? Assuming I'm a single person living alone?

This has been the rule all along. If you live alone you can form a support bubble with another household. Support bubbles have been exempt from basically all restrictions since they were a thing. You're considered one household.

@AndyCr15 - did you sort it? We can always reform our Overwatch bromance for a day if you're bored. I'll be with my support bubble until a bit later in the day though. :D

Soldato
If I were you I would not hesitate to go and visit family, the government should not expect someone to be alone on Christmas day when it can be avoided due to its potential to effect your mental health

Caporegime
Can I form a support bubble? Do I have permission to see my sister? Can I do this or that?

Just do it ffs. It's not like Boris is gonna come knocking and throw you in prison...

Oh Britain how easy it was to condition your little minds.
Grassing on your neighbours came so easy to you... Less than a year to reprogram you all
Good little Brexit servitors.
Full compliance.

It's really proven just how quick the majority of people will bend over and submit to authority. The elites must be laughing knowing they'll never see any resistance to whatever dystopian plans they have in store for us for the future. They could go full China and we'd lap it up and accept it.

Soldato
Can I form a support bubble? Do I have permission to see my sister? Can I do this or that?

Just do it ffs. It's not like Boris is gonna come knocking and throw you in prison...

Whilst I know you're probably right, not everyone is so flippant about whether they should follow the rules or not. Case in point - I spoke to my mum to say I would come over. She's technically high risk, but she's been clear of cancer for 5 years now. They just never take you off their lists. She's said to me, maybe, because she's worried about the new strain. So it's not as clear cut as "this is the law". People are concerned!

Back
Top Bottom