How Would You/Will You Spend Christmas Day Alone?

Caporegime
I'll be alone for the first time since 2014, Honestly I don't really care.

might go for a nice walk on Christmas day still, hopefully don't get looked at like a some kind of pariah....

parents live in notts, so newcastle > notts for christmas is kinda far and with lockdown tiers etc..

not sure if it's allowed but doesn't seem worth it anyway.

if any of my neighbours are throwing parties and blasting music, good lock to them, I won't be reporting anyone for anything.

Associate
Current plan is for me and the misses to go to the Zoo, have a couple nice meals then catch up with family in the evening zoom call.

A odd christmas but with the situation what it is in the UK I'm not complaining. Was originally going to head home and see family as my brothers baby girl was due near christmas (Born a few hours ago now) but that just wasnt possible.

Soldato
Thinking if i want to go out on the town tonight for a few pints and spend Christmas day in bed with a hang over :D

It strange as every christmas Eve is different when out as some years it packed and some years it completely dead out.

Soldato
Current plan is for me and the misses to go to the Zoo, have a couple nice meals then catch up with family in the evening zoom call.

A odd christmas but with the situation what it is in the UK I'm not complaining. Was originally going to head home and see family as my brothers baby girl was due near christmas (Born a few hours ago now) but that just wasnt possible.

Zoos are open on xmas day?

Associate
my alternative xmas day with no other human contact=
  • hot bath
  • super porridge
  • morning hike (take fresh ground coffee flask)
  • light lunch smoke salmon etc
  • xbox one x + gamepass all afternoon
  • home made pizza from scratch
  • more xbox
  • movie (likely Die Hard) or more Netflix (Queens Gambit)

Last edited:
Soldato
I really enjoyed my unconventional Christmas. Up early, smoked salmon and poached egg muffins for breakfast, cycle, snacks, cycled to parents house for a very chilly outside check-in (with a cheeky sherry and a couple of snacks). Got home to slow cook a lamb shank and red wine stew that was thickened into a gravy to have with roasted vegetables. Teams call with my siblings and parents (incredibly rare for us all to be together) where we merrily drank wine and chatted all evening until now.

Associate
Not a bad day for me today,

This is my 7th Christmas on my own now

And this one for the first time in 7 years i felt a little more positive.

Even got the Christmas tree out of the loft and spent the morning putting that up, And cooked myself a proper dinner for the day.

Chicken instead of Turkey { good old Sainsburys and there substitute items on home delivery's }

Beer with the dinner and a Trifle for afters

Kind of made the day not so bad as it usually is.

Hopefully my positive attitude continues into the new year, That is the one thing i very much hope for

Capodecina
Soldato
Had a great day so far and still going. It didn't go as planned, and that's fine. I'm cooking my main dinner of steak, potatoes and Brussels sprouts now. My lunch was a very light tomato salad! Didn't start drinking till 7pm.

Weirdly enough, it was one of the most sociable Christmases I've had. Since I was able to schedule phone or video chat conversations, I ended up speaking to quite a lot of people who normally I wouldn't have had the time for. A good day, definitely. Managed to squeeze in a respectable amount of gaming too.

Soldato
So did Andy survive Christmas day on his own - Did he get enough sympathy to survive - Will we ever see him on YouTube ever again?

Bit of a dick comment mate.

Was more than happy with mine. Got up, Video call with the rents in the morning, had all my Christmas lunch pre prepped so dead easy to cook and get ready. Stunning christmas lunch if i do say so myself then sat down in the afternoon/evening, cracked on with a few games and caught up on some Anime while tackling a cheeky single malt.

Zero stress or hassle and i got to do christmas lunch my way and it turned out being the best ive had so far. Very chill and relaxed day :)

Soldato
OP
Yes, well, people seemed to have ignored quite early on it was established I didn't need to spend it alone... so yes, had a nice Christmas with my brother and his g/f and son. Took my bike with me to Cambridge, cycled Xmas morning and boxing day morning (which took me over 5,000 total miles for the year) and wow, Cambridge is SO flat! Had a great meal on Xmas day, family video chat in the afternoon and generally just relaxing all the rest of the time. Ate way too much, so no back onto the diet to get this extra weight back off :)

Soldato
just go back to normal sensible eating...you've surely no put on any significant weight because of 2 days excessive eating!

I've went with the 'eat all chocs etc as fast as poss to get them out the way' approach :p

Back
Top Bottom