1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 4100 printer issue paper jam.

Discussion in 'Printers' started by 2013, Apr 18, 2018.

1. 2013

Mobster

Im having some issues with my HP 4100 printer

every time i print it give me a paper jam issue even if it has issues,
    I also get a non hp toner issues every time i try to print.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix this ?

2. rotor

Wise Guy

Haha wow that's an old printer. I bought a 2nd hand one probably 15 years ago with more than 700,000 prints on it, and it was flawless. You could probably source a maintenance kit for it, but it won't be new and it won't be cheap. Unless you are printing ridiculous number of copies, it will be much cheaper to get yourself the Brother that everyone recommends for under £100.

3. 2013

Mobster

It is a old printer and i got it used also it's lasted me 12 years so far 11 years with the same used toner I dont know how many prints its had but I think its been a very good printer, printing 1000s of pages with only minor issues, I was going to get a new printer when the toner was running and i was getting black marks on the side of prints but a few people on here told me Id better off keeping it and replacing the toner, I would not get anything similar in quality; something that prints so much with the least amount of issues unless and cost unless I go for a good high end office laser printer, I do believe it considering its lasted me so long, So i just replaced the toner instead, when comparing it to what i was use to (inkjet) I would not want to go back.
    I've recently been getting a paper jam and non hp toner issue every time i print, So I'm assuming this is something minor or fixable, maybe a printer setting.

4. joey1211

Mobster

5. 2013

Mobster

6. 2013

Mobster

I gave it a shot but it made no difference.
    Any other options ?